Uploading Custom Font to Diptrace

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
meidinad

Uploading Custom Font to Diptrace

#1 Post by meidinad » 03 Jun 2023, 03:11

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but how do I upload a custom true type font to Diptrace?
I need a specific font for PCB labeling that is not in the Diptrace library.

Thanks!

Tomg
Expert

Re: Uploading Custom Font to Diptrace

#2 Post by Tomg » 05 Jun 2023, 02:35

I'm not familiar with how (or if) DipTrace inherits True Type fonts from WIndows (if that is your operating system), but I would assume if Windows lists it then DipTrace should be able to reflect that in its True Type font menu. I would hope so, anyway.

There are methods for adding custom fonts to Windows that can be found on Microsoft's web site (e.g. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/off ... 5339c564c1). If you are using Windows, give it a try to see if DipTrace can actually detect the new font.
Tom

octal

Re: Uploading Custom Font to Diptrace

#3 Post by octal » 06 Jun 2023, 07:23

Just install the TrueType Font (TTF) on your Windows operating system and launch Diptrace and it should be listed as TTF font.
To install any TTF font, just download the TTF file, then right click it and select Install in the contextual menu. (otherwise u can go to Font item in the Control Panel and select install new font).