Runtime Error 231 on Windows 10 64-bit

Report bugs here
cpprioli

Runtime Error 231 on Windows 10 64-bit

#1 Post by cpprioli » 23 Jul 2021, 05:19

Using Windows 10 64-bit with 64-bit version of DipTrace 4.1.3.1 (July 1, 2021 release) I continually get a Runtime Error 231 whenever I launch Component Editor. This was preceded by an inability to access certain libraries, reporting that the library had been blocked from change by me. This is the only PC on which I have DipTrace installed, and a single instance of the app was running, though I did have Schematic Capture and Component Editor running at the same time. Just before the first crash, Component Editor reported that a specific number -- the part number of a component that I had just DL'd from SnapEDA, was not a valid integer.

Any ideas out there?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-ChrisP

"Getting there is half the fun..."

cpprioli

Re: Runtime Error 231 on Windows 10 64-bit

#2 Post by cpprioli » 23 Jul 2021, 09:17

Update -- at a closer look, the very first errmess that occurs is a divide by zero error. It appears that htis only happens with the Component Editor module...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-ChrisP

"Getting there is half the fun..."

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Runtime Error 231 on Windows 10 64-bit

#3 Post by Alex » 25 Jul 2021, 22:03

Please open regedit, find \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Novarm\DipTrace\ registry tree and export it to a file. Please send the file to DipTrace support. Then find default.reg in DipTrace folder and run it. That will reset DipTrace settings in Windows registry to default. It should solve the problem.