Diptrace Logo locked on screen

Report bugs here
OldNortonBoy

Diptrace Logo locked on screen

#1 Post by OldNortonBoy » 26 May 2021, 17:46

Hi

I am having problems with the Diptrace Logo staying on the centre of my screen when I have multiple files open.
(See attached PDF file). (Sorry, don't know how to insert an image of a screenshot).
I have 2 monitors side by side linked together by my graphics card. Everything is fine until I open more than 1 file.

Thanks
Mike
Attachments
Diptrace Logo.pdf
(352.47 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Mike

Tomg
Expert

Re: Diptrace Logo locked on screen

#2 Post by Tomg » 27 May 2021, 01:09

That looks like what happens when Help > About... is selected from the main menu. I'm guessing that you have already tried clicking on the splash screen to see if it disappears. Assuming you are using Windows, open the Task Manager by using the hotkey combination "[Ctrl]" + "[Alt]" + "[Del]" and clicking on "Task Manager", in the Task Manager shut down all Apps associated with DipTrace (right-click on each DipTrace program name and choose "End Task"), close the Task Manager and restart DipTrace to see if things clear up.
...Sorry, don't know how to insert an image of a screenshot...
After capturing the screenshot with "[Ctrl]" + "[Print Screen]" open the Windows Paint program, paste, edit if needed and then save as a "*.png" file. Once saved you can attach the "*.png" file to your post.
dtl.png
dtl.png (15.26 KiB) Viewed 317 times
Tom

OldNortonBoy

Re: Diptrace Logo locked on screen

#3 Post by OldNortonBoy » 30 May 2021, 23:11

Thanks for the reply Tom.

I am running WIN 10 with dual monitors linked side by side.

I have found something that will cause this problem.
I have generated 4 PCB files.
Each board is linked and I want them open together so that I can jump from one to another.
I have File Explorer open and I check each file.
I then Right click and select OPEN.
Diptrace Logo1.png
Diptrace Logo1.png (931.79 KiB) Viewed 311 times
]Diptrace opens them all OK but I get the splash screen even if I Alt Tab to different files.

However if I open each file INDIVIDUALLY from File Explorer they open OK.
Diptrace Logo2.png
Diptrace Logo2.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 311 times
It's interesting to see that in the thumb files at the bottom, the third file from the left, in Logo2 shows the splash screen.

Thanks for the help
Mike
Mike