Linux/64-bit Wine - 2.4.0.2 Title Block locks up window

Report bugs here
spirilis

Linux/64-bit Wine - 2.4.0.2 Title Block locks up window

#1 Post by spirilis » 27 Aug 2015, 08:28

I have a pretty nasty UI glitch under Linux/Wine with the Schematic editor.

Any attempt to manipulate title blocks, for example, go to File > Titles and Sheet Setup > Title Blocks and then selecting a title block for any of the corners (e.g. "ANSI (BR)" but it doesn't seem to matter).... immediately "locks up" the window to the point where it's unresponsive, although I can move the window around and it "redraws" correctly.

The "Preview" doesn't show anything, the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons are completely unresponsive (clicking on them doesn't even show the visual "click" shadow action), and the only way to get out of this state is to kill the whole application.

I also notice this "UI freeze" occur when I exit the Titles & Sheets Setup dialog, then go back in and exit again... this time the "File" menu in the main schematic screen remains shaded as if I've selected it (via Alt+F for example), and the whole UI is unresponsive, requiring manually killing the application and restarting it.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Linux/64-bit Wine - 2.4.0.2 Title Block locks up window

#2 Post by Alex » 27 Aug 2015, 23:47

We know about this problem. This is Wine related issue but we couldn't find a solution for version 2.4. We will test the next DipTrace version under Wine on subject of working titles and sheet setup on Linux and Mac OS X.

fastbike

#3 Post by fastbike » 06 Mar 2021, 07:04

This is still an issue in version 4.1.x (5 years later)

What is the workaround as this makes an otherwise fine product unusable ?
Ardent hobbyist

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 12 Mar 2021, 02:59

We will investigate again the problem. There is no solution or workaround so far.