The FLIP Components feature needs to come back

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
Redhouse

The FLIP Components feature needs to come back

#1 Post by Redhouse » 27 Oct 2021, 09:27

I respectfully apologize for this, but ....who's STUPID IDEA was it to yank the feature?

Loosing that ability created a huge new unnecessary task on other users plates WTF?.

I have, and use, my own extensive custom librarys that have taken a lot of time to create, and now that I cant flip things when I need to, the only work around is to have to go back and re-open my patterns or components in their editors and make L and R mirroring patterns/components!

We need "Flip Component" back in the product, or at the very least HAVE THE OPTION TO TURN IT BACK ON!

Whoever was having problems with "Flip Component" managed to shift their problem off their plate onto my plate.

I don't know/care why it got pulled, or the reasoning behind it, but it needs to be back in the product.

Tomg
Expert

Re: The FLIP Components feature needs to come back

#2 Post by Tomg » 27 Oct 2021, 09:45

Here's the related discussion - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11998&p=23803
...I don't know/care why it got pulled, or the reasoning behind it, but it needs to be back in the product...
I disagree, but that's just me.
Tom

Serg
Technical Support

#3 Post by Serg » 28 Oct 2021, 07:23

We changed this option to avoid the fatal errors in the pcb design process.
As variant you can do the next actions:
- Ungroup Component,
- select the objects,
- Flip Group,
- Group into Component,
- set the old RefDes to component (to use "Renew Layout from Schematic - by RefDes" option correctly).

KevinA

#4 Post by KevinA » 29 Oct 2021, 14:52

Tomg wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 09:45
Here's the related discussion - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11998&p=23803
...I don't know/care why it got pulled, or the reasoning behind it, but it needs to be back in the product...
I disagree, but that's just me.
Not just you, anyone that uses this product should disagree