Keywords for finding components in the library

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
sairfan1

Keywords for finding components in the library

#1 Post by sairfan1 » 15 Oct 2021, 04:46

Its a great feature that Diptrace has huge components library that can helps user to build a design very quickly.

Problem:
I found a big issue while finding components in components library, the name of components are very specific, may be because its based on manufacturer? Its really hard for a user like me to know technical names of components and where we have such a huge library its not even possible.

Example:
I was trying to find USB micro foot prints but i was not able to find, I learned creating a new pattern takes less time than finding one in the library, Yes disptrace pattern designer is amazing very powerful I love that.

Solution:
I believe we can attach keywords to each components where we can put simple words that a user can use in the search query like in my case "USB", "Micro", "Connector" its not issue if in result i get 15 or 20 components it does not take too much time to go through a short list, rather its good to see faces of some components that you may need in future.

It would be a plus if user can also put a keyword by its own choice, this will greatly help to find same component in future.

Serg
Technical Support

Re: Keywords for finding components in the library

#2 Post by Serg » 17 Oct 2021, 22:07

Thank you for the offer. We will consider it.