Voltage Values

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
dayv3

Voltage Values

#1 Post by dayv3 » 21 Aug 2020, 23:56

Hi,

In Schematic Capture, would it be possible to add a +9V, -9V, +18V and -18V as built in values to the Components > Symbols folder with the other voltages that are there.
I know that they, the voltages, could also just be made by hand but there are a lot of guitar/ musical fx pedal builders that use this software and I think that
they, as well as myself, would be greatly appreciative if these voltages were made to be default values in the program.

I know that this is a little thing, but I know that it would make many people happy. I think it would very easy to do.

Thanks,
Dave

KevinA

Re: Voltage Values

#2 Post by KevinA » 22 Aug 2020, 11:54

"I think it would very easy to do."
Create a new library, open the Components > Net Port folder and select components you want to 'copy' right click and Copy Component to another Library...
Open that library and modify the components to what ever voltage you need....
The Diptrace standard Libraries are READ ONLY, you have to move parts into your own libraries to modify them.

dayv3

#3 Post by dayv3 » 26 Aug 2020, 02:01

Sure it would be easy to do but the point of my post was to have these voltage values built in as a native part of the software.
I wrote directly a few times and I was told that they would be part of the next update twice but....
Like I said before, there are many guitar/ musical FX builders that use this software and would be grateful for them to be added as native values.
Please and thank you,
Dave

b_force

#4 Post by b_force » 27 Aug 2020, 11:28

I also don't really see the issue here?
You can already rename them to any value or name you want.
That's just a matter of saving them once, create your own library and you'll be set for the rest of your life.

KevinA

#5 Post by KevinA » 27 Aug 2020, 17:19

1. Finish Push & Shove routing
2. Add Python engine for scripting and publish an API
3. Add data driven API for BOM to retrieve price quotes and delivery times from distributors
The list goes on...

dayv3

#6 Post by dayv3 » 12 Sep 2020, 01:58

I understand what has been said, but, like I said before, I am not just thinking of me, I am thinking of all the people that use this program that may not be
as experienced as me and you. All I am trying to do is to have particularly 9V be added as native values to the Components > Symbols folder with the other voltages that are there.
Diptrace team, I know that you guys are busy doing your great work but, if you have a chance could you give this easy task some consideration because there are a lot of guitar/ musical
fx pedal builders that use this software and I think that they, as well as myself, would be greatly appreciative if these voltages were made to be part of the default values in the program.