IPC-7351 Pattern Generator numerous part types are missing 3D automatic model generation ability.

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
Martin Johnson

IPC-7351 Pattern Generator numerous part types are missing 3D automatic model generation ability.

#1 Post by Martin Johnson » 12 Jun 2020, 03:25

I do really like the new IPC-7351 pattern generator, it is very useful and can save a lot of time during part creation. It seems to work well and so far always generates a good pattern; however I have recently noticed when using it in DipTrace 4 that the pattern generator doesn't allow the automatic generation of 3D models for all part types, only some parts can autogenerate the 3D model by the recovery code. It seems that the feature has not really been finished before the release of DipTrace 4 for some part types, this is unfortunate as I was trying to create some PTC fuses today and there are no resulting 3D model generated :-(

Looking through the generator there are numerous parts where the 3D tab is missing, even SMD parts as well :-(

It would be very useful to have this feature working for all part types, and would be nice if this was corrected.

If parts are created that don't have a 3D tab / generation option, its also unclear if those parts will obtain 3D model once the feature is implemented for that part, so perhaps someone could confirm that would be the case?

Serg
Technical Support

Re: IPC-7351 Pattern Generator numerous part types are missing 3D automatic model generation ability.

#2 Post by Serg » 12 Jun 2020, 09:59

In version 4.0.0.2, 3D Generator can create the models for 29 of 71 part families. We plan to do 3D models for all families.
In the next build will be added:
DFN 2 Pins
DFN 3 Pins
DFN 4 Pins
Capacitor, Aluminum Electrolytic
Radial (Electrolytic)
DPAK

Serg
Technical Support

Re: IPC-7351 Pattern Generator numerous part types are missing 3D automatic model generation ability.

#3 Post by Serg » 12 Jun 2020, 10:01

Martin Johnson wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 03:25
If parts are created that don't have a 3D tab / generation option, its also unclear if those parts will obtain 3D model once the feature is implemented for that part, so perhaps someone could confirm that would be the case?
All patterns which were created earlier will be have 3D model too.
To be sure of that, now while creating the patterns you need to activate the next items:
1) In 3D Model Preview --> "IPC-7351 Model Genetator",
2) In "IPC-7351 Recovery Code" dialog " --> "Use Recovery Code for auto-generating of package 3D Models"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Martin Johnson

#4 Post by Martin Johnson » 12 Jun 2020, 11:23

Hi Serg,

That's very helpful, I will adjust accordingly my new libraries to ensure that when support for the part type is added then the 3D model will be there; thank you very much :-)

I look forward to see all parts eventually with 3D generation working at some point in future and keep up the good work, the new changes are awesome!