Title Block Editor improvements

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
Kajetan86

Re: Title Block Editor improvements

#11 Post by Kajetan86 » 30 Jan 2018, 04:49

Hi,

This is a big nuisance for me as well. As long as you do projects for yourself, you can live without it. However, I happen to use DipTrace professionally (from time to time). In such cases, I really need to make professionally looking title blocks, with all dates, revisions, approvals, SAP numbers etc. Doing this in DipTrace is not a big problem when your schematic fits single page. But when it grows to several sheets, updating them one-by-one becomes really irritating and time consuming. Also, you quite often make errors.

I think this should be given a priority in development of the software.

EDIT: Actually, #2 and #3 from the first post in the topic would satisfy my needs in 100%

madscientist

#12 Post by madscientist » 08 Feb 2018, 11:06

one vote from me for an improvement to the whole title block process, needs graphic import for logo and simple setup for multi sheet drawings etc

for a paid program, at times Diptrace can look very " hobbyist "

dave

DerekG

#13 Post by DerekG » 16 Feb 2018, 20:22

Tomg wrote:
14 Dec 2015, 09:49
Here is what needs to happen to fix the Title Block Editor...
1) Allow the user to draw the Title Block using line drawing tools.
Fully agree Tom. Just yesterday (as my schematic grew in size) I wanted to "grab" the existing tittle block lines & reposition them ........... but of course I can't do that.

I also want to thank you Tom for your many excellent suggestions (& associated screen shots) in this forum. If all users were pro-active like you, the DipTrace Team would have a solid focus on what needs to be done to bring about new features & improvements to DipTrace.

On the very positive side, the DipTrace Design Team have made lots of improvements since ver 2.4. Please keep up the excellent work :)
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

DerekG

#14 Post by DerekG » 18 Feb 2018, 19:32

Further to my post above:

Re: the title block editor - It would be great to be able to simply having the ability to draw "boxes" on the screen, then grab the extends of those boxes to adjust their size. Once it is all done, highlight the entire array of boxes & select "Convert to Title Block". All that really happens is that the Title Block is placed on a layer of its own (like a mechanical layer) so that it is "segregated" from the pcb design. Being able to then save the "Title Box" to a Title Box file would be great for future designs.

Grebu

#15 Post by Grebu » 27 Jan 2020, 13:20

Pushed, this really needs a refinement. I would prefer spending my time designing circuits rather than updating paperwork manually. The current state of the title block feature can also be a no go for professional use. Documentation is key and should be automatic ( = less error prone ) for basic stuff like this.

DerekG

#16 Post by DerekG » 27 Jan 2020, 21:24

Grebu wrote:
27 Jan 2020, 13:20
Pushed, this really needs a refinement.
The next updated version of DipTrace is due out in about 2 months time. Let's hope Alex & Serg have worked on the title box to bring Tom's excellent suggestion to fruition.

KevinA

#17 Post by KevinA » 27 Jan 2020, 22:25

A couple of ideas, when the schematic has a title block allow us to chose if it is migrated to the PCB, when the schematic is updated and we sync the PCB let the revision and date of revision sync (two date fields, creation and revision)
Now the biggie:Git support (it is tied to revision numbers)
Enable audit trails and when ever the revision number is changed an ASCII export is pushed to git. This would allow shared projects and branched designs with very little effort, I'll do your documentation, just get it done.

and of course give us the control of where EVERY FILE IS, file path configuration.

grigoriy.peters

#18 Post by grigoriy.peters » 27 Jan 2020, 22:26

+1