highlight net

Post your feature requests here. Please use search function to ensure it is not here yet.
danmcb

highlight net

#1 Post by danmcb » 01 Dec 2015, 21:34

When routing a board - via a right click, just make the whole net flash in some bright colour. I have seen this in other programs. Makes it a lot easier to figure out what you are doing. Maybe it exists already, but I don't know? thanks Alex!

Tomg
Expert

Re: highlight net

#2 Post by Tomg » 05 Dec 2015, 11:47

Just in case you did not notice, DipTrace does highlight an entire Net with a different color when you mouse over a trace; but, it does not flash. You could choose a different color that might better catch your attention by doing the following...

1) In the main menu select View and then, in the drop-down menu, select Colors...
2) In the Colors dialog window, choose the Program Colors tab and click on the color box for Trace Highlight.
3) In the Color pop-up window, choose a new color and select OK.
4) Back in the Colors dialog window, select OK.

p.s. When mousing over a pad or Via, DipTrace highlights all pads and Vias connected to the same Net, but not the Net's trace. Adding a user-selected option to force the highlighting of the Net's trace at the same time would be helpful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom

SoundMod

#3 Post by SoundMod » 15 Feb 2016, 13:01

I will add this... when selecting a NET from the NET list window the trace is highlighted. However, if you try to scroll up/down/left/right to follow the trace when you had magnified a part of your board. The highlighting dissapear. So when you try to follow the trace it becomes a bit frustrating to lose the highlight and reclick on the NET name in the list to make it highlighted again. f

Its not a big deal when there is a lot of space between trace you can clearly see the trace associated with the NET. But on denser board it becomes quickly frustrating.

I would suggest that the highlight stay enabled when selecting a NET from the list and scrolling to follow the trace or a way to lock the highlighting on that net using a keypress.
Last edited by SoundMod on 21 Nov 2016, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

Tomg
Expert

#4 Post by Tomg » 16 Feb 2016, 07:11

SoundMod wrote:"...I would suggest that the highlight stay enabled when selecting a NET from the list and scrolling to follow the trace..."
+1
Tom

SoundMod

#5 Post by SoundMod » 21 Oct 2016, 12:32

Yeah +10 on this !

I would also suggest to add an option that allow user to enable/disable the ''keep highlight net while scrolling'' feature.
So, when disable its the current highlighting behavior and when enable you should deselect the net from the list to remove
highlighting from the net.

bluuu

#6 Post by bluuu » 02 Sep 2018, 07:59

+1 for this feature !

Jack_M

#7 Post by Jack_M » 24 Oct 2018, 03:27

SoundMod wrote:
15 Feb 2016, 13:01
I would suggest that the highlight stay enabled when selecting a NET from the list and scrolling to follow the trace or a way to lock the highlighting on that net using a keypress.
+9001

SoundMod

#8 Post by SoundMod » 13 Apr 2019, 20:26

Old post and now we have the ability to lock the highlighting of a net.

But I find the visual aspect of the highlight method when enabling highlighting by right clicking on the net of interest should be revised.
The "hatch" pattern doesn't stand out at all and is a bit annoying when you have a couple of copper layer enabled plus with many trace.

Can you change that "greyish hatch pattern" for a contour (stroke) line for the entire selected net ? The user should have access to the color of that contour line.

Serg
Technical Support

#9 Post by Serg » 15 Apr 2019, 08:25

SoundMod wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 20:26
Old post and now we have the ability to lock the highlighting of a net.

But I find the visual aspect of the highlight method when enabling highlighting by right clicking on the net of interest should be revised.
The "hatch" pattern doesn't stand out at all and is a bit annoying when you have a couple of copper layer enabled plus with many trace.

Can you change that "greyish hatch pattern" for a contour (stroke) line for the entire selected net ? The user should have access to the color of that contour line.
Thank you for offer. We will think how to improve it.

grigoriy.peters

#10 Post by grigoriy.peters » 20 Jan 2020, 22:04

+1 to this feature.