Finding pattern for a new component from existing components

Making your own components and patterns, organizing and using libraries.
tmawson

Finding pattern for a new component from existing components

#1 Post by tmawson » 10 Jan 2011, 21:19

I created a new component in a new library. That component uses a TQFP48 package but I can't seem find ANY existing patterns or libraries. I assume it is possible to get them from other libraries but using the 'get from library' or 'search in library' in the pattern editor doesn't find anything at all. Am I missing something obvious?

[Edit] This looks like an issue relating to directories. I installed on Windows 7 Professional - 64 Bit and it installs libraries into C:\Program Files (x86)\DipTrace\Lib which is shown from the Schematic editor but the pattern and component editors don't appear to see that directory and Library > Open Templates returns a message of [Templates File is Missing!] from both applications. I haven't found where to add library paths so far.

[Edit] OK, looks like I screwed up by installing the 32 bit version. I uninstalled and then installed the 64 bit version but annoyingly, I'm in the same situation. When I went to the Schematic editor it was still looking in the C:\Program Files (x86)\DipTrace\Lib folder which I fixed but the Component and Pattern editors still don't find the libraries in 'Get From Library' although the 'Search on Library' presents a full list of the libraries available.

Not sure if it's working as it's supposed to now - see the attached picture which is what I see in Pattern Editor 'Get From Library'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Finding pattern for a new component from existing compon

#2 Post by Alex » 11 Jan 2011, 09:44

Please try the following keywords in search: QFP48, QFP-48. Program will give you few results, but you should check what pattern fits better for your component.

You should add library (Add button) on shown dialog window. I usually search in PCB Layout (it seraches in all libraries at once), then add found library and copy pattern in Pattern editor.