Saving a Personal Component Library file

Making your own components and patterns, organizing and using libraries.
Wendy Mott

Saving a Personal Component Library file

#1 Post by Wendy Mott » 29 Dec 2020, 05:52

Recently I had a computer failure. I had to re install all my user software including DipTrace Ver 2.04........ as a home user it is not reasonable to upgrade, as 2.04 does what I need.
I had a very comprehensive Schematic parts file that I had generated over two years. Obviously.. when I re installed Dip Trace, the old file was not there.....
I have re generated my own schematic component file... called ******** in the User Components folder....... but I cannot find it anywhere on my computer...... I wish to store this file.. where ever it is on a backup disk. Your help would be greatly appreciated

Wendy Mott

KevinA

Re: Saving a Personal Component Library file

#2 Post by KevinA » 29 Dec 2020, 09:57

Launch Pattern Editor then click Top menu: Library/Library Setup in the Groups window select User Patterns and in the Groups Libraries select the library you want , below the select Group Libraries window you will see the path to that selected library. Install or reinstalling DT doesn't erase the user libraries but you may have to add them back using the library manager. In a standard install the user libraries are C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\DipTrace\My Libraries
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DipTrace lacks any history for 1.x/2.x it just starts at 3.x - I found the cert was signed for 2.4 on 2014.

tholt

Re: Saving a Personal Component Library file

#3 Post by tholt » 03 May 2021, 20:30

Diptrace libraries are a mess, and by far the worst aspect of the application. The logic has NEVER been presented to users, who struggle to use components and patterns. Another aspect is the word "similar" that is nebulous when changing or replacing components. JUST MAKE A LIST OF WHAT WILL BE CHANGED BEFORE IT HAPPENS. Your definition of similar is odd and unpredictable.