Pattern search coming up empty, but the pattern exists, somewhere.

Making your own components and patterns, organizing and using libraries.
azuther

Pattern search coming up empty, but the pattern exists, somewhere.

#1 Post by azuther » 10 Oct 2020, 04:08

I'm trying to assign an existing pattern to a new component, but I'm having difficulty finding the pattern, which clearly exists and is assigned to numerous potentiometers within Diptrace's libraries. See attached file "existing part", showing a potentiometer using pattern "PVG5A". I'm trying to use that pattern (PVG5A) for a new component (see attached file "new part") but a search for that pattern comes up empty.

I'm aware I can copy the existing component into my custom library and edit the "Component Properties" fields, but the reason I don't like that solution is because I have a lot of "Additional Fields" on all my components that don't get created when copying a part to my library (despite having the library configured with "Default Additional Fields" items populated). I would have to re-create all my "Additional Fields" for every part that I would need to do that for, which at the moment is all my potentiometers (many more to come, than what is shown in the list currently).

Am I missing something? How can I find and re-use this pattern?

Diptrace 4.0.0.5
Windows 10
Attachments
new_part.jpg
new_part.jpg (746.85 KiB) Viewed 219 times
existing_part.jpg
existing_part.jpg (1002.83 KiB) Viewed 219 times

Tomg
Expert

Re: Pattern search coming up empty, but the pattern exists, somewhere.

#2 Post by Tomg » 11 Oct 2020, 04:09

If my eyes aren't failing me it looks like you're searching for a pattern name using the component name search parameter. Leave the "Name:" field blank, click on the [+] button to display an additional search parameter, set it to "Pattern", enter the desired pattern name in the Pattern text field and click on the [Apply Filter] button.
Tom

azuther

Re: Pattern search coming up empty, but the pattern exists, somewhere.

#3 Post by azuther » 11 Oct 2020, 15:24

You're correct, but I've done that also and it still comes up empty.