Top Mask Layer

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
jom

Top Mask Layer

#1 Post by jom » 15 Jul 2021, 08:01

Hello

Is there a way to make the Top Mask layer a filled in layer rather than just an outline? I tried to make a rectangle using the full style but the layer still comes out just as an outline. I pretty sure in earlier versions this wasn't an issue.

This makes it difficult to see the layer and has already caused me a few problems.

Thanks for any help you can give.

jom

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Top Mask Layer

#2 Post by Alex » 15 Jul 2021, 23:23

You will see filled shapes on top mask layer if you hide top layer. And vice versa, you will see contours when you show top layer again.

jom

#3 Post by jom » 16 Jul 2021, 04:54

What was the purpose of this change since I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case in earlier versions of DT?

Is there any way to change this behavior as I find it a bit difficult to work with.

Thanks!

jom

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 18 Jul 2021, 22:13

We added displaying solder mask for pads in version 4.0. Solder mask layer became overcrowded and we decided it would be convenient to display solder mask in contours only if copper layer is turned on and display filled shapes if copper layer is turned off. The purpose is convenience.
There is no way to change the behavior.