change the PCB mounting holes

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
scfaria

change the PCB mounting holes

#1 Post by scfaria » 28 May 2021, 18:27

I have a layout with a pour and 4 mounting holes on the corner of the PCB. They need to have their diameters changed to a larger diameter. If I change them I will get 4 errors because they are too big for the current pour. So I need to remove the current pour, change the diameters, and then put in a new pour. Problem is I have no idea how to remove the current pour. Also, these pads have both a diameter and a keep out property. I assume the keep out diameter has to be a little larger that the diameter property because I think that this property describes the diameter that the pour has to stay out of ie some sort of tolerance to keep the pour out of.
syd
Attachments
TDR-hole-change.PNG
TDR-hole-change.PNG (11.71 KiB) Viewed 195 times

Tomg
Expert

Re: change the PCB mounting holes

#2 Post by Tomg » 29 May 2021, 01:45

No need to delete the pour, just change the holes and update the pour. To update the pour either right-click on its outline and choose "Update" in the context menu, or in the main menu click on "Objects" > "Update All Copper Pours".

To make it easier to update the pours, assign a hotkey to the task. As an example I used someone else's idea of assigning the start bracket "[" for clearing all copper pours (this unpours them without deleting them) and the end bracket "]" for updating all copper pours. The hotkey settings can be found in the main menu at "Tools" > "Hotkey Settings...". Once there, scroll down to the "Objects" section where you will find "Update All Copper Pours" and "Clear All Copper Pours" awaiting key assignments. This allows you to accomplish either task with one quick keystroke.

If you really want to completely delete a copper pour left-click on its outline to select/highlight it and press the [Delete] key.
Tom