pour error

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
scfaria

pour error

#1 Post by scfaria » 28 May 2021, 15:15

Trying to make Gerber files to export for order. Upon starting the process I get the attached error message. How does one check the copper pours and the net connectivity? So far I've error checked everything at all my steps and find no errors. I have a silk layer, top layer and a bottom layer in my project. This is the bottom layer with a pour in this layer. The top layer does not have a pour since I just wanted the tracks only made in this layer, and the silk screen layout also obviously has no pours. When I continue on past the error message I can select the 3 layers and make a Gerber file for each. What are these errors referring to and are they a problem with the Gerber files for making an order.

Somewhere I found a reference to a Gerber file viewer. Is this a useful tool of is it just some nonsense?
syd/wt1v
Attachments
TDR_gerber.PNG
TDR_gerber.PNG (29.29 KiB) Viewed 300 times

Tomg
Expert

Re: pour error

#2 Post by Tomg » 29 May 2021, 01:54

...How does one check the copper pours and the net connectivity?...
Run the Design Rule Check by using hotkey [F9]. Run the the Net Connectivity Check by using the hotkey combination [Shift] + [F9].
...What are these errors referring to and are they a problem with the Gerber files for making an order...
This is DipTrace's way of warning you that there is an unpoured copper pour in the Design Area and it won't be included in the Gerbers. See this thread for some tips on pouring and clearing copper pours - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14080&p=30632#p30632

To completely delete a copper pour left-click on its outline to select/highlight it and press the [Delete] key.
Tom

scfaria

#3 Post by scfaria » 29 May 2021, 08:24

The link was helpful. When I do a design rule check or a Net Connectivity check it finds no errors. The hot keys don't seem to work, so I have to go into the menus and do it the old fashion way. When I go to the border of the pour area I cannot find any kind of popup window where I can see properties etc or even delete the pour. At this point I am beginning to wonder if, when I have both a top and a bottom layer, must I have a pour in both layers? Because in my design I just did a pour in the bottom layer and no pour in the top layer.
syd

Tomg
Expert

#4 Post by Tomg » 29 May 2021, 09:44

Before working on an object make sure the layer where it resides has been selected as the "Current Signal / Plane Layer"...
cspl.png
cspl.png (4.36 KiB) Viewed 276 times
Tom