Problem with Placement by list

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
OldNortonBoy

Problem with Placement by list

#1 Post by OldNortonBoy » 27 Mar 2021, 22:30

Hi All.
I have been manually routing a few PCB's lately using Placement by List as I have a lot of components to place. I recently updated to V4.1.2.0 and now when using Placement by List, when a part is selected and placed it still remains on the list, whereas previously it was removed.
Has anything changed with the latest version or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks
Mike

KevinA

Re: Problem with Placement by list

#2 Post by KevinA » 28 Mar 2021, 14:11

I tried 'Placement by List, works fine with 4.1.2.0 - I did: Converted schematic to PCB, View/Objects/Uncheck Ratline, Placed a board outline and then used Placement/Placement by List - when I was done there was nothing left in the Placement window. Windows 10 Pro.

OldNortonBoy

#3 Post by OldNortonBoy » 28 Mar 2021, 23:44

Hi Kevin, thanks for the quick reply.
I did as you instructed and it worked!!
However, (there's always one of these), when I tried doing the same thing in a schematic and PCB that I had previously created it does not work, i.e. the part is not removed from the list.
Furthermore when I tried doing the same thing from the beginning again as per your post, i.e. from Sch-Convert to PCB etc. then for some reason the problem is now also there.
I have attached a Sch & PCB file to play around with.

Another strange thing is when going from Sch-Convert to PCB then ALL of the resistors are horizontal, ready for placement. If you go into PCB then File-Renew Layout from Schematic-By Components, then the resistors are in the vertical plane. Pain in the proverbial, as they have to be rotaed 3 times to place. Not sure whether I should create a different topic for this?

Thanks for any help.
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 29 Mar 2021, 08:59

Component is excluded from the list once it appears within board outline. But you have board cutout instead of board outline.

OldNortonBoy

#5 Post by OldNortonBoy » 29 Mar 2021, 20:26

Thanks Alex you're absolutely right.
For some reason on this board , and not the others i need, for some weird reason I changed the board outline to board cutout.
Can you explain what the difference is please.

Thanks
Mike

Tomg
Expert

#6 Post by Tomg » 30 Mar 2021, 18:27

A picture is worth... ...well, you know the rest...
bco.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom