Hide Silk Screen Ref Des for Mounting Hole

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
GSWayne

Hide Silk Screen Ref Des for Mounting Hole

#1 Post by GSWayne » 21 Mar 2021, 13:42

I want to hide the mounting hole Ref Des on the Silk Screen layer. I have read about how to do that for components, but the hardware object M2.5_MTGP540H285V6H50 that I am using for my mounting holes does not have a properties choice when I right click on it that allows me to hide the Ref Des on the Silk Screen like you can do on components. Is there a way to hide the Ref Des for hardware objects on the Silk Screen layer?

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Hide Silk Screen Ref Des for Mounting Hole

#2 Post by Alex » 22 Mar 2021, 06:23

Mounting holes should not have RefDes visible. How did you get them? Did you import the layout from other CAD?

Tomg
Expert

#3 Post by Tomg » 22 Mar 2021, 07:55

Slowly move the mouse cursor towards the mounting hole until it turns green (DipTrace default), not red. Once it is green, right-clicking should bring up the appropriate context menu where you can click on "Properties..." and then select the [Markings] tab in the Component Properties dialog window.
mh1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom

GSWayne

#4 Post by GSWayne » 22 Mar 2021, 13:07

Alex:
The holes came from Components/Objects Hardware Metric.

Tomg:
You had the solution, I kept going directly to the "red" selection and never noticed the "green" selection on the way there.
Thanks.