High voltage DRC

Making PCB Layouts, Manual routing, Auto-routing, Copper pouring, Updating from Schematic, Manufacturing Output
Exality

High voltage DRC

#1 Post by Exality » 14 Aug 2018, 12:26

I'm doing a high-voltage power supply layout. I have groups of nets which need to be a certain clearance from other groups. Within each group the clearance is small, since voltages between nets within a group are low. So I have placed nets which are close to the same voltage in separate classes. Voltage between the classes can be considerably higher.

In high-voltage design the allowable clearance between bare metal (e.g. pads & pins) and between traces (polymer coated) is quite different (like about 2x). But I don't see a way to specify this between net classes. Layout lets you specify different trace-trace and pad-pad clearance within a class but not between classes.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to spec different pad-pad and trace-trace clearances between groups of nets?
Gerrit

Serg
Technical Support

Re: High voltage DRC

#2 Post by Serg » 15 Aug 2018, 07:45

You can find this feature here: main menu Route - Net Clacces - Class to Class button.

Exality

Re: High voltage DRC

#3 Post by Exality » 15 Aug 2018, 11:53

The Class to Class button only allows me to set a single clearance between net classes. I want to set different clearances for different objects, like trace-to-trace and pad-to-pad. You can do this within a class, but I don't see how to do this between classes.
Gerrit