Problem with Title Blocks

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
fastbike

Problem with Title Blocks

#1 Post by fastbike » 06 Mar 2021, 06:50

Hi

I cannot get the Title Block to work in the Schematic editor, although it works fine in the PCB layout tool !

Once I've opened the Titles and Sheet Setup dialog, and selected a title block for the bottom right, the application becomes non responsive. I can drag the dialog around but can't close it. I can drag the main application window around but can't close it.

The only option is to kill the application and start again.

I've seen previous posts on this forum where running in Linux under Wine (my setup) is blamed, but the same functionality works in the PCB layout application so I'm wondering why it cannot be fixed for the Schematic editor.

Not being able to add design information is a real show stopper, and is preventing me from purchasing a licence.

What are the plans to fix this ?

Thanks
Ardent hobbyist

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Problem with Title Blocks

#2 Post by Alex » 12 Mar 2021, 03:09

This problem lasts quite long time but we couldn't fixed it because we depend on Wine. We will re-investigate the problem and try to find a solution or workaround.

fastbike

#3 Post by fastbike » 20 Apr 2021, 05:51

OK thanks. I have just purchased a NP licence to use with my project. It would be nice to see this functionality working.

Do you have a work around to enable title blocks to be added manually ?
Ardent hobbyist

farley

#4 Post by farley » 20 Apr 2021, 08:35

As a workaround use the DipTrace drawing tools to create title blocks.
Here is an old thread that discusses the issue:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10785

KevinA

#5 Post by KevinA » 20 Apr 2021, 12:17

Two words: Dual Boot
Windows 10 with WSL2 + Ubuntu 20.04 works, no GUI or USB ports yet but they have given Visual Studio Code and VS 2019 access to WSL2 resources so you can cross-compile to Linux/MAC/Android from Windows 10 but that entails purchasing Windows 10.