Single pin in net problem

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
grubbavitch

Single pin in net problem

#1 Post by grubbavitch » 10 Feb 2021, 23:42

Hi learned folks. I am trying to design a guitar effect pedal schematic and PCB using Diptrace. The good news is I'm finding it much more useful than Eagle. The bad news is that I can't get to the PCB step because my schematic won't pass verification due to there apparently being single pins on 3 of the nets. When I click on those nets they each list 2 pins. I assume there is some problem with the pin properties that is causing the error but I don't know how to solve it. Originally there were 4 single pin errors, one disappeared when I replaced one part with a similar part from the library I'm using. I've attached the .dch file below as well as the library, just in case that is needed. Your expert advice would be most welcome. Thanks.
Attachments
rullywow diptrace library 3.25.15.zip
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
Em-Drive.dch
(120.46 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

Tomg
Expert

Re: Single pin in net problem

#2 Post by Tomg » 12 Feb 2021, 01:49

I think it is because you are using Net Ports for your outside connections instead of connectors. If I replace those Net Ports with connectors then DipTrace is happy.

p.s. If you need ready-made components (DipTrace v4.1) to use as solder pads for your external connections, they can be found in the "Objects Lead Hole Pad" library.
Tom

grubbavitch

Re: Single pin in net problem

#3 Post by grubbavitch » 13 Feb 2021, 10:43

Thanks Tom, that sorted it!