Off-sheet page number refernces?

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
rh2y

Off-sheet page number refernces?

#1 Post by rh2y » 26 Apr 2020, 13:31

Hi,

I am relatively new to Diptrace, coming from Protel 99 and Eagle previously.

In Eagle, there's a way to put port labels on nets, which also automatically shows what other pages that this net appears on.
It's very handy in multi-page schematics (especially once there get to be a fair number of pages) to be able to look at
a net label on one page, and immediately see that you need to turn to page such-and-such to see where else this
net goes.

Is there a way to do this in DipTrace? I have searched the forums and can't find it.

Thanks!

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Off-sheet page number refernces?

#2 Post by Alex » 27 Apr 2020, 11:57

There is no way to automatically show on net ports other pages the net appears on. But you can select net name in design manager and see net pins on whole schematic, then double click on the pin and jump to corresponding sheet.

rh2y

#3 Post by rh2y » 27 Apr 2020, 12:03

Ok, that's a help at least. Doesn't help for printed schematics, but at least that is a nice way to quickly see where all a signal is going. Thanks.

fi2eewill

#4 Post by fi2eewill » 10 May 2020, 06:44

you can certainly add NetName, but it's a manual process

1. right click on the net of interest -> Display Name
2A. You can follow the net on different sheets and right click -> Display Name (recommended)
OR
2B. Once you displayed the net name the first time, you can select and copy then past it on other sheets
if you hover on the net name it will auto - highlight the NET.

2B is faster, however, be careful if for some whatever reason you change Net Name on one sheet, the pasted Name will not update on all other sheets..

2A is safer, i.e all displayed net names will auto-update if you change net name on one sheet

cheers,
fi2eewill