Diptrace Gerber Files show Empty Bottom Paste layer! Why?

For general questions regarding the software and for all questions that do not fit in any of the threads above.
tomthumbblues

Diptrace Gerber Files show Empty Bottom Paste layer! Why?

#1 Post by tomthumbblues » 27 Nov 2021, 03:56

For some unknown reason first time ever encountered, I have finished my PCB design and tried to have it fabricated and find my Gerber file PCB preview will not show as usual on the Fabricator website order process. I subsequently found the problem seems to be the complete Bottom Paste Gerber file is 100 % empty, nothing to see here folks.
This has never been an issue previously, so just wondering does anyone have any insight as to what the cause for this is, and how I might rectify the problem, without having to completely redo the whole design? Any help and all suggestions, greatly appreciated. Thankyou.
Trevor :roll:

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Diptrace Gerber Files show Empty Bottom Paste layer! Why?

#2 Post by Alex » 28 Nov 2021, 23:14

Bottom paste gerber file will be empty if there is nothing on bottom paste layer. For example, there are no SMD components on bottom side (paste mask is normally created for SMD pads only). In that case, there is nothing to export to bottom paste gerber file. In such case, it is recommend to exclude empty file from PCB order to avoid confusion.

licensefairly

Re: Diptrace Gerber Files show Empty Bottom Paste layer! Why?

#3 Post by licensefairly » 17 Feb 2023, 22:31

In the absence of any bottom paste, the corresponding gerber file will be blank. This is because no surface-mount device (SMD) components are located on the underside of the board (paste mask is normally created for SMD pads only) funny shooter 2.