Diptrace not Snappy / Crispy / Responsive

For general questions regarding the software and for all questions that do not fit in any of the threads above.
diebobo

Diptrace not Snappy / Crispy / Responsive

#1 Post by diebobo » 19 Aug 2021, 00:21

Hi,

In PCB Layout ( independent of Graphics mode ) i feel like the program is not as responsive / spot on as it could be or once was. English is not my first language so i hope i can describe it the correct way what iam trying to say..

I use the right mousebutton + moving a lot to scroll in directions... If the mouse pointer is pointing at a blanc portion of the pcb or a component then everything is responsive and the scrolling / moving is performed as once.. But If it the mousepointer is pointing at a text or track it delay's a LOT and that annoyes me alot. Also if you do point at a object when u press right mouse button it does react at once, but moments later you get a stutter when the tooltip is shown of that object.. That's just minor thingy but for me annoying ( first world problems i know ;) ) I would like it be as delay/stutter ( even micro ) free as it can be.. That also brings me to the next question...

The program still feels like 10 ( for example ) years agoo.. The computers en even integrated videocards are way more powerfull nowadays, you MAY demand a lot more from the computer then the program does.. I have a good CPU and GFX and would like to see that the sceeen is also rendered at... lets say 100+ fps ( make it an option ).. In graphics GDI mode it feels like 10FPS and a lot better in OpenGL and D3D but still way wayyyy to low or underperforming..

For my first part / question i made a short video to clearify :

I am running the last Public W10, GFX Drivers and Diptrace 4.1.2.0

KevinA

Re: Diptrace not Snappy / Crispy / Responsive

#2 Post by KevinA » 21 Aug 2021, 19:33

Pointless

FYI: If your CPU is below 10xxx (three years old) and your GPU is less than $400 "doh"

Windows 11 is faster, join the insider club and see.