File blocked from changes

For general questions regarding the software and for all questions that do not fit in any of the threads above.
d-rainger

File blocked from changes

#1 Post by d-rainger » 17 May 2021, 04:29

I'm running vsn 4.1.2.0 on my laptop PC (running Windows 10), and have been having problems opening my files. I get 'Warning: File is blocked from changes by "/ ()". Do you want to open a copy of the file?'
I click Yes.
Then I get 'File unpacking exception. Probably the file is corrupted. Do you want to open it?'
I click Yes, and it opens - blank!

I've been working from and saving onto a memory stick, and have noticed since that if I work from and too a folder on the desktop I don't get this problem.

But is there any way to retrieve the files saved recently that I can't open (with all my work on them!)?

I've noticed that I don't get the system operating files saved any more - at least, that I can see. Don't know why that is.....

Any ideas much appreciated!

Alex
Technical Support

Re: File blocked from changes

#2 Post by Alex » 18 May 2021, 01:28

Please start Schematic or PCB Layout (depending on file type) and execute File -> Recover Schematic( Board). That will recover last saved copy of the file from the recovery. But if you have done a lot of steps since the latest record then recovey file may be overwritten. Therefore do not hesitate.
You can send the file to DipTrace support or upload on the forum for investigation.