Pre-purchase support - New user(UK)

For general questions regarding the software and for all questions that do not fit in any of the threads above.
ticelec

Pre-purchase support - New user(UK)

#1 Post by ticelec » 10 Jan 2021, 12:54

Hi,

We're being dragged (kicking and screaming!) into the c21st - by being asked to drop OrCAD/386. OrCAD/386 has done us well, and we'd happily keep using it. It runs well under DoxBOX in all versions of Windows on PC. We were early users of Orcad, I started using it as a boy in 1987/8.

So, we're considering DipTrace, and like it so far (laying with the 200 pin freebie)

I've contacted "sales" and "support" regarding a Gerber import anomaly (File imports to "ViewPlot" and our PCB fab without issue - no biggy, just curious to see what they'd say; and how quickly) - No ack/response so far.

So my question is .... what's DipTrace support like? .... and .... are there users on here that use DipTrace in anger - i.e. within their commercial businesses?

TIA

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Pre-purchase support - New user(UK)

#2 Post by Alex » 11 Jan 2021, 03:17

We investigated your gerber file and did some changes in source codes in order to import the file correctly. The next update will include the fix. If you want, we can import whole set of gerber files for you.