Installation problems in Mac OSX 10.13

For general questions regarding the software and for all questions that do not fit in any of the threads above.
pghalverson

Installation problems in Mac OSX 10.13

#1 Post by pghalverson » 12 Jun 2020, 13:44

Hello,

I just downloaded and tried to install the current version of DipTrace, 4.0.0.2.
Following the instructions, I dragged the DipTrace.app file to the Applications folder, I opened the terminal and, as instructed I typed the command below, and got a bunch of error messages:

halver$ xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Applications/DipTrace.app
xattr: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/Applications/DipTrace.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/z:'
xattr: No such file: /Applications/DipTrace.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/Wineskin/Desktop/My Mac Desktop
xattr: No such file: /Applications/DipTrace.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpulse-mainloop-glib.dylib
xattr: No such file: /Applications/DipTrace.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpulse-simple.dylib
xattr: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Applications/DipTrace.app/Contents/Frameworks/wstools.bundle/bin/cabextract'
xattr: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Applications/DipTrace.app/Contents/Frameworks/wstools.bundle/bin/unrar'
xattr: No such file: /Applications/DipTrace.app/Contents/Frameworks/libpulse.dylib

In spite of the errors, something did get installed. I ran DipTrace and started up the Schematics program and attempted to follow the video tutorial (https://www.diptrace.com/diptrace-software/guided-tour/).
I immediately ran into a problem. The tutorial says to open the Microchip library, but it isn't there. See screen shot.

Can I get a little help here?

Thanks,

Peter Halverson

PS: I tried using sudo to re-do the installation, but the result was the same, no Microdhip library. (The error messages were a little different.)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 5.37.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-12 at 5.37.34 PM.png (30.74 KiB) Viewed 412 times

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Installation problems in Mac OSX 10.13

#2 Post by Alex » 15 Jun 2020, 00:41

We reorganized standard libraries in version 4 therefore their names may differ comparing to the tutorial that was created for version 3. Please find "IC MCU Microchip DSPIC", "IC MCU Microchip PIC10", "IC MCU Microchip PIC12", etc. libraries in version 4.

steverich

#3 Post by steverich » 04 Apr 2021, 19:39

Hello

I have a new installation (4.1.2.0) on Mac Pro 3.1, OSX 10.11.6. and get the following error:

xattr: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Applications/DipTrace.app/Contents/Resources/dosdevices/z:'

I can get into Schematic Capture but the graphics presentation has multicoloured overlaid fonts. Tried uninstall and reinstall but get the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

With thanks

Steve

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 04 Apr 2021, 22:17

The error after running xattr command is allowable. Do not pay attention on it.
What does multicoloured overlaid fonts mean. Could you explain or better make a screenshot.