Did PCBway(China) prices jump recently?

For general questions regarding the software and for all questions that do not fit in any of the threads above.
fbauer

Did PCBway(China) prices jump recently?

#1 Post by fbauer » 21 Mar 2019, 14:02

I was getting ready to re-submit a 4 layer (66mm x 66mm) PCB for manufacturing to PCBway(China) and was shocked to see that the price jumped from approx. $10 per board to over $33.

I just had them (PCBway) make these 5 boards in February for a total of $55 (including shipping), now the total is $167 (plus shipping) for 5 boards. I received the original boards and they looked good.

The only change between the original PCBs and the current submission is that I increased the size of the holes for an LED. The manufacturing options stayed the same (as far as I can tell).

The manufacturing price from Bay Area Circuits(USA) is $35 each for 5 boards, this appears to be their normal price I would expect, PCBway was 3x cheaper before.

I'm currently running Diptrace 3.3.1.3, my previous PCB order was done using Diptrace 3.3.1.2.

What changed the price?

Current Screenshot: (I removed my order details/shipping info, privacy you know)
PCBwayBoardOrder.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Did PCBway(China) prices jump recently?

#2 Post by Alex » 22 Mar 2019, 10:21

Thank you for the report. There is the problem with prices from PCBway, we are searching for a reason and we temporary disabled PCBway from Order PCB form. Once we fix the problem we will turn it on.