Converting Help files to Ebook for off-line reading

For general questions regarding the software and for all questions that do not fit in any of the threads above.
KevinA

Converting Help files to Ebook for off-line reading

#1 Post by KevinA » 01 Oct 2017, 07:40

Doesn't seem to be enough time in the day but waiting in line at the store, Doctors office, for dinner to cook (never leave food cooking, burnt charcoal tastes really bad) or sitting on the patio I read Ebooks on my Tablet, Phone (Galaxy Note) or Kindle. Android can't handle *.chm help files but can deal with PDF files but when you convert to PDF you lose the links of the document. I discovered Calibre not only converts CHM files to Ebook it retains the links! I converted the 4 DipTrace Help files to Ebook and now I can RTM instead of wasting time while waiting. The Calibre Companion Android app makes keeping my desktop and handheld devices in sync simple. DipTrace might want to make Ebook of the files with cover and ISBN numbers!

paullarry

Re: Converting Help files to Ebook for off-line reading

#2 Post by paullarry » 15 Nov 2017, 20:32

Thanks! Never heard of the Calibri before and I really needed something like that.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Converting Help files to Ebook for off-line reading

#3 Post by Alex » 08 Sep 2021, 00:56

You can search a chm reader in Google play market or App store and choose one from many apps.