DipTrace 4.1 release

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

DipTrace 4.1 release

#1 Post by novarm44 » 03 Feb 2021, 10:47

Hi All,

We have published stable version 4.1 today. You can download it here: https://diptrace.com/download/download-diptrace/
The list of new features is similar to 4.1 beta + we have fixed all reported bugs we were able to reproduce.
Mac version will be available at Monday (February 8).

1. Improved panelizing: V-Score and Tab Routing with mouse bites
2. Improved BOM, BOM in PCB Layout, Interactive BOM: integrated and HTML export
3. Improved Pick and Place: Center X/Y by component outline and terminals if exist, package height, new dialog window
4. Assembly variants for BOM and Pick and Place
5. Improved Drill Size Report
6. Automatic update of report tables in PCB (BOM, Pick and Place, Drill Size, Layer Stack)
7. Table rows and related components for report tables are highlighted
8. Raster pictures in PCB, improved raster pictures in Schematic
9. "Do not rotate marking with component" option
10. Improved trace editing: sharp angles are optimized, moving orthogonal trace with related 45 degree segments if necessary
11. Highlight copper pour islands and traces when highlight any trace or copper pour border
12. Align components and texts by other components and texts while moving
13. Resize of all panels (layers/properties/design manager, route, place component, etc) by mouse drag and drop
14. Bulk update of patterns in component libraries
15. Keep all pins of IPC-7351 3D model, not depending on pattern pads (option)
16. Pattern description is displayed in Component Editor, Schematic and PCB
17. Basic part swap in Schematic
18. Remove ratline while deleting trace (option)
19. 3D preview: Vector pictures in mask layer
20. Import/Export Improvements for DXF, Eagle, Altium ASCII, P-CAD ASCII
21. IPC-7351 Pattern Generator changes in CQFP, DFN 2 Pins, DFN 3 Pins, DFN 4 Pins, SOD, SODFL, Radial (Round LED), Radial (Rectangular LED), Radial (Disk), Radial (Disk, Offset Leads)
22. IPC-7351 automatic 3D models for the following families:
Crystal(HC-49); Crystal; Chip Array, 2 Side Concave; Chip Array, 4 Side Concave; Oscillator, Corner Concave; Oscillator, Side Concave; Chip Array, 2 Side Flat; Chip Array, 4 Side Flat;
LCC; Chip, Side Concave(2, 4 Pins); Chip Array, 2 Side Convex; DIP Socket; SIP; TO Cylindrical; Radial (Dipped, Round); Radial (Dipped, Rectangular); Radial (Dipped, Rectangular Offset Leads);
Radial (Disk); Radial (Disk, Offset Leads); Radial (Inductor); Radial (Molded);
23. New libraries:
Con HDMI, Con Sockets DIP, Objects Fiducial, Objects Hardware Inch, Objects Hardware Metric, Objects Jumper, Objects Lead Hole Pad, Objects Panelizing, Objects Testpoint, Objects Wire.
24. Old libraries redesigned for IPC-7351:
Con Rect Headers, Con Rect Wire to Board, Con USB, Con Vacuum Tubes, Inductors, Potentiometers

List of fixed bugs and minor update changes: https://diptrace.com/docs/fixes4_1.pdf

Regards,
Stanislav Ruev
DipTrace Team

Tomg
Expert

Re: DipTrace 4.1 release

#2 Post by Tomg » 03 Feb 2021, 10:58

DipTrace v4.1 initial observations...
1) Unlocked static vias vanish when executing Route > Unroute All. Is this intentional?
2) The recommended Shape Router (autorouter/Route Net) does nothing, but the Grid Router appears to work. Here is a test file...
DipTrace_4_1_test_file.dip
(30.53 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Tom

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#3 Post by novarm44 » 03 Feb 2021, 12:15

Tomg wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 10:58 DipTrace v4.1 initial observations...
1) Unlocked static vias vanish when executing Route > Unroute All. Is this intentional?
2) The recommended Shape Router (autorouter/Route Net) does nothing, but the Grid Router appears to work. Here is a test file...
DipTrace_4_1_test_file.dip
1. Yes, this is correct.
2. I have tried to route it with downloaded and installed DipTrace Free 64-bit and it routes it properly. What download do you use? Maybe something with router settings?

Tomg
Expert

#4 Post by Tomg » 03 Feb 2021, 12:30

"...What download do you use?..."
DipTrace 4.1 Trial (v4.1.0.0). It only fails for me in Shape Router mode. Here are the settings...
sr1.png
sr1.png (22.68 KiB) Viewed 4363 times
Tom

Serg
Technical Support

#5 Post by Serg » 03 Feb 2021, 21:50

Tomg wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 10:58 2) The recommended Shape Router (autorouter/Route Net) does nothing, but the Grid Router appears to work. Here is a test file...
Did you try to run Shape Router at another design?
Please check router.dll file.
It should be in ..\Program Files\DipTrace\router64
or ..\Program Files (x86)\DipTrace\router32 directory.

Tomg
Expert

#6 Post by Tomg » 04 Feb 2021, 02:28

"...Did you try to run Shape Router at another design?..."
Yes. It still does not route anything.
"...Please check router.dll file..."
Sorry, but I don't know what to check so here is the file listing for the \Program Files\DipTrace\router64 folder...
rdll.png
rdll.png (12.23 KiB) Viewed 4341 times
Tom

i_ionut

#7 Post by i_ionut » 04 Feb 2021, 05:43

Hi,

I encountered a weird bug in Schematic after installing 4.1.0.0 Free over 4.0.0.5 Free.

Schematic files created with 4.0.0.5 Free appears blank in 4.1.0.0 Free. No components, no page border and no title block are visible. The only visible item is a text note (in Arial) in one of the files. In Design Manager column the components and nets are visible, but not on the schematic. Clicking on the components on Design Manager show it to me one by one until I click on the schematic, when they disappear.

But I have 2 files with a very small number of pins (relay + LED) where I can see the schematic, page border and title block. The "algorithm" on how the Schematic program choose to see some files and other not eludes me.

I uninstalled DipTrace and installed it again. At some point I even restarted the computer. The bug is still there.

Opening the "blank" file with text note on another machine in 4.0.0.5 Free show me the content as expected.

Saving the file with text note from 4.1.0.0 under another name and opening it on 4.0.0.5 on the other machine return a blank page with only text note visible. So something happens at saving under 4.1.0.0.

Creating a new file on 4.1.0.0 works smoothly, everything is visible, even after saving.

The other programs of the package seems to work, only the Schematic have these issues.

I didn't performed other checks so far.

Is there anything I can do on my side, like setting something in the program or jogging with some registry?

Many thanks!

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#8 Post by novarm44 » 04 Feb 2021, 07:05

Tomg wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 02:28 Sorry, but I don't know what to check so here is the file listing for the \Program Files\DipTrace\router64 folder...
rdll.png
The folder is ok - the router should work. Type cmd in windows search box and try to run "RouteService.exe /regserver" from that folder - that registers ShapeRouter and allows to use it, however setup should make that automatically.
If that doesn't help, please run C:\Windows\regedit.exe and export HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Novarm/DipTrace key and send it to me for verification. Then you can try to run C:\Program files\DipTrace\Default.reg to set all registry settings to default or just remove the key above (you can then recover it by running exported file).
If that also doesn't help, please try to download 32-bit version and try how it works.

The router system is similar to 4.0 and beta - we didn't change anything there.

Regards,
Stanislav

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#9 Post by novarm44 » 04 Feb 2021, 07:07

i_ionut wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 05:43 Hi,
I encountered a weird bug in Schematic after installing 4.1.0.0 Free over 4.0.0.5 Free.
So both variants don't work 4.0.0.5 to 4.1 and 4.1 to 4.0.0.5?
Could you please provide us with the schematic files to reproduce the issue. And let me know what version of software particular file was saved with and where to open it to reproduce the bug. If files can not be public, please send them to our support ticket system.

Thank You!

i_ionut

#10 Post by i_ionut » 04 Feb 2021, 08:13

I've sent a sample file to ticket support.

Additionally from my previous message I saw that pressing File - Recovery Schematic makes this sample file visible. Trying with other schematics doesn't recover those schematics, but only this one, even if I restart program. It's the first time I try recovery option, so I don't know how it supposed to behave.

Many thanks!