DipTrace 4.1 beta

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

Re: DipTrace 4.1 beta

#41 Post by novarm44 » 23 Jan 2021, 09:34

Jack_M wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 23:10 Hi,
The new features in the 4.1 beta made me want to try diptrace V4, i actually haven't used it yet, i'm still on version 3, so i haven't been following on the new features.
I am having problems with the polyline tool and i don't understand if i'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug:
I want to place the point precisely at coordinates and in V3 i would just edit the points, but now the polygon moves. Okay, i see i have an option for the polygon Center position, but it's still useless because i change the coordinates of a point, the center is recalculated and placed at the required position so all other points are moved.

It is really frustrating and it's making me lose a lot of time: 10minutes plus writing this post for something i would have done in ten seconds before.
Select polygon first and then edit its points like before. In 4.1 component and pattern editors work in the same way as PCB/Schematic (in 4.0 and earlier it was possible to move points without selecting shape in editors, so it was possible to change shape accidentaly).

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#42 Post by novarm44 » 27 Jan 2021, 22:56

Hi All,

We have updated beta today! Will test it one more week and then release 4.1

Regards,
Stanislav

Tomg
Expert

#43 Post by Tomg » 28 Jan 2021, 03:24

Good to hear, Stanislav. I just want you and your colleagues to know that the "Bulk Update of Patterns" tool and vastly-improved trace dragging behavior are greatly appreciated.
Tom

dominicc

#44 Post by dominicc » 29 Jan 2021, 03:41

Serg wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 11:29
dominicc wrote: 17 Jan 2021, 11:00 I am not able to use the IPC-7351 pattern generator to generate a pad layout with the pad numbers in the correct order for the MEMS sensors made by Bosch/ST/TDK (Invensense).
In generator you need to swap D and E dimensions.
Dimension "E" from datasheet = Dimension "D" in generator.
This is because in datasheet pin 1 is located by E side.

PQFN_2.png
PQFN_3.png
PQFN.png
I already tried swapping D/E I think, but I will retry when I'm able.

Tomg
Expert

#45 Post by Tomg » 29 Jan 2021, 07:08

One small oddity with b4.1 (v4.0.9.1) is that "Renew Layout from Schematic" causes ratlines to appear between vias and pads located inside a same-net copper pour. They disappear as soon as the ratlines are optimized using softkey [f12]. Here is a zip file containing an example schematic/PCB file set that demonstrates the anomaly...
ratlines after renewing layout.zip
(25.69 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Last edited by Tomg on 30 Jan 2021, 01:41, edited 2 times in total.
Tom

mpaalanen

#46 Post by mpaalanen » 29 Jan 2021, 22:05

Have you encountered this?
Jan 28 4.1 beta Schematic.exe fails to start properly with the attached error message after loading a (recently created) schema file.
Changing graphics mode as suggested does not fix the problem. (when you check after changing, it has always reverted back to Windows GDI.
The work area shows as blank but schema is actually loaded, as parts of the circuit will flash briefly when you move the mouse over the drawing.
Rebooting or starting the app using Windows compatibility options do not improve the situation.
All other DT apps work as expected.

Actually, it seems to be a bit more involved. If you do this:
- open a schema created by an older (pre 4.1 beta) schema and it opens normally, in most cases
- then once a schema has been loaded into workspace, open the problem file. Now you get no warnings and the schema is loaded AND all the hierarchical sheet tabs are visible.
- All the hierarchy sheets now work normally, but the master page is blank (but the schema is actually loaded because flashes as mentioned above).
The program does not crash and in the above case it also does not issue any warnings; it just does not show the main page - blank.

Schematic.exe version 4.0.0.5 (30 Jul 2020) opens the problem file without any issues. Also the previous 4.1 beta worked OK (the problem file was created using that version).

------------
Win 10 Pro 64bit build 19041.746, i7-9800X@3.8GHz, 64GB RAM , AMD Radeon HD 7800.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.31 KiB) Viewed 5633 times

Tomg
Expert

#47 Post by Tomg » 30 Jan 2021, 02:13

I have not seen that particular problem on my system, although I did once notice some intermittent flashing when I was rapidly scrolling through a library component list in the Component Editor using the arrow keys. Unfortunately, I have not been able to recreate the problem, but I'll post it here if I see it again. Perhaps it was a refresh rate thing caused by my somewhat old video card struggling to pump out data for a 2k monitor?

I don't know if this is related in any way, but I do remember updating my video drivers a few months ago with the latest "gaming" release which caused consistent crashing in my 3D CAD program. That was quickly fixed after loading in the latest NVIDIA "studio" drivers.

Fickle things, these computers.

DipTrace b4.1 beta 2
Win10 Pro 64 version 20H2 build 19042.746, i7-7700 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 2K monitor
Tom

mpaalanen

#48 Post by mpaalanen » 31 Jan 2021, 20:15

While video drivers could have something to do with the problem. i don't really think so.
- Only schematic.exe is affected. The demands for graphics in this app are modest.
- All "older" schematic files open without issues, the problem occurs only with relatively new files with hierarchy.
- It is quite consistent; if a file fails, it will always fail. If it is OK, it will always load OK.

Alex
Technical Support

#49 Post by Alex » 01 Feb 2021, 03:04

mpaalanen wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 22:05 Have you encountered this?
Jan 28 4.1 beta Schematic.exe fails to start properly with the attached error message after loading a (recently created) schema file.
Changing graphics mode as suggested does not fix the problem. (when you check after changing, it has always reverted back to Windows GDI.
The work area shows as blank but schema is actually loaded, as parts of the circuit will flash briefly when you move the mouse over the drawing.
Rebooting or starting the app using Windows compatibility options do not improve the situation.
All other DT apps work as expected.

Actually, it seems to be a bit more involved. If you do this:
- open a schema created by an older (pre 4.1 beta) schema and it opens normally, in most cases
- then once a schema has been loaded into workspace, open the problem file. Now you get no warnings and the schema is loaded AND all the hierarchical sheet tabs are visible.
- All the hierarchy sheets now work normally, but the master page is blank (but the schema is actually loaded because flashes as mentioned above).
The program does not crash and in the above case it also does not issue any warnings; it just does not show the main page - blank.

Schematic.exe version 4.0.0.5 (30 Jul 2020) opens the problem file without any issues. Also the previous 4.1 beta worked OK (the problem file was created using that version).

------------
Win 10 Pro 64bit build 19041.746, i7-9800X@3.8GHz, 64GB RAM , AMD Radeon HD 7800.
Could you please send the file to us for verification.

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#50 Post by novarm44 » 01 Feb 2021, 09:57

mpaalanen wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 20:15 While video drivers could have something to do with the problem. i don't really think so.
- Only schematic.exe is affected. The demands for graphics in this app are modest.
- All "older" schematic files open without issues, the problem occurs only with relatively new files with hierarchy.
- It is quite consistent; if a file fails, it will always fail. If it is OK, it will always load OK.
Hi, we can not reproduce the issue. Could you please send the file to support or via pm for verification. We plan release at Wednesday and it would be great to fix the issue before that. Thanks!