DipTrace for Mac OS X

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
Techno Tronix

Re: DipTrace for Mac OS X

#31 Post by Techno Tronix » 04 Jul 2016, 02:23

This version allows how many pins in our design?

Molly

#32 Post by Molly » 11 Jul 2016, 18:26

Is this new version support Wine Windows compatibility layer software through X11?

pritisinghip

#33 Post by pritisinghip » 03 Dec 2017, 23:07

When frustrating to entry a network attached storage device (NAS) out cold MAC OS X, DipTrace cannot locate directories nor files. It unaided sees content on the local MAC viewpoint and even lables it gone a DOS "C" Drive but MAC does not control files when DOS/Windowes does.

The NAS device is seen by all by option MAC applications. How can I set Diptrace to admission these files upon the NAS? This is important by now I nonappearance to ensure that all file updates from any PC upon the network are synchronized.
Mac Application Development in USA

Alex
Technical Support

#34 Post by Alex » 05 Dec 2017, 03:19

Mac version of DipTrace is not native OSX application. Therefore we suggest to open/save DipTrace files within Wine prefix. If you want to copy/move that files to NAS do it using Finder or other file manager.

mgriebling

#35 Post by mgriebling » 01 Apr 2019, 01:34

Just a reminder that you have many customers who have been waiting patiently for a native Mac version.
With the current OSX at 10.14.3 we are starting to get warnings about DipTrace not being supported in the next OS upgrade.
(I believe this is a 32-bit issue).

What is DipTrace doing about this? This may be a good time to roll-out the long awaiting native version in 64-bits. ;)

ProperSystems

#36 Post by ProperSystems » 04 May 2019, 18:44

I'm a seasoned Altium user and one of the reasons for considering DipTrace over KiCad and its ilk was the promise of a native mac version at the time.

I purchased the DipTrace standard edition late 2014 on the premise that a native macOS version would be released in the near future.
That was over four years ago.... Still patiently waiting, but my patience is running out.

So, Novarm, should I re-evaluate KiCad, etc or are you going to surprise us and release a native macOS version?

The issue is not the cost of DipTrace, that is quite reasonable; I prefer the workflow in DipTrace over KiCad.
dB

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#37 Post by novarm44 » 08 May 2019, 03:02

The work on native Mac OS version was temporarily stopped due to huge amount of work and lack of resources. We have made some progress investigating possibilities and making short version of Pattern Editor for Mac though. We are now working on IPC-7351 compatibility, some long-waiting features and push and shove router, but all in frame of Win version yet.
We understand that having only native Win version is not a way to go at present time and consider the best way to move forward: Mac version requires separate development line as we use Delphi where cross-platform is quite limited feature, so probably making online version for web-browser is better way to go. But currently lack of resources is our reality as 3 main programmers are engaged on big redesigning of DipTrace for IPC-7351C compatibility.

madscientist

#38 Post by madscientist » 09 May 2019, 01:13

perhaps you could at least fix the printing under Wine so that circles appear !!

dave

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#39 Post by novarm44 » 12 May 2019, 22:06

perhaps you could at least fix the printing under Wine so that circles appear !!
We will approximate them as polylines. I suppose that will help.

mgriebling

#40 Post by mgriebling » 15 May 2019, 06:42

novarm44 wrote: 08 May 2019, 03:02 We understand that having only native Win version is not a way to go at present time and consider the best way to move forward: Mac version requires separate development line as we use Delphi where cross-platform is quite limited feature, so probably making online version for web-browser is better way to go. But currently lack of resources is our reality as 3 main programmers are engaged on big redesigning of DipTrace for IPC-7351C compatibility.
I disagree, online tools tend to be very performance-limited. If I wanted online, I would go with one of the many PCB tools that are doing this.
I wanted a Mac native tool. It appears now we aren't going to get it. We may have to reevaluate our future buying of 10-20 licenses.
To me it seems like a no-brainer to hire a developer specifically for the Mac using Mac tools like Xcode. As a company we don't care about
IPC-7351C (whatever that means) but we do want a Mac-native DipTrace!