DipTrace 3.3 Release

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
b_force

Re: DipTrace 3.3 Release

#71 Post by b_force » 20 Mar 2019, 06:00

Is there a rough estimate when the new update is coming out?

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#72 Post by novarm44 » 20 Mar 2019, 07:14

JoR wrote: 14 Mar 2019, 20:07 Now that the pattern editor is being reworked, I would also consider the option of defining the position of the RefDes in the Silkscreen and Assembly independently, so the footprint is charged with these configuration in the PCB Layout.
Component markings is also subject to rework (not yet started), so I have added this option to to-do. Components in dev version already have free rotation angle without component change like now (border, texts, selection area, etc are rotated together with component and all pads keep their original shape). Markings most probably will be rotated together with component too (this is not yet made, we will discuss how to change this feature)
KevinA wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 12:04 I posted viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12801 then read this post-> DipTrace, PLEASE add the ability to place VIA's in pattern editor and Copy Array and Offset Pads!
We need a means to provide thermal relief and to create rectangular thru hole pads with the hole offset and finally casltellated pads and of course the casltellated pad needs to work with DRC.
This is already in to-do (not made yet)
b_force wrote: 20 Mar 2019, 06:00 Is there a rough estimate when the new update is coming out?
Not yet. Currently main purpose is to complete internal version to able our library developers to form new IPC-7351 libraries (this is probably will be completed in a month), then while they make libraries, development team polish and complete all features. Once both tasks are done, we will release it. I suppose half year or so (i.e. not soon).

madscientist

#73 Post by madscientist » 24 Mar 2019, 10:18

Has any solution to the issue of being able to join two nets without having them converted to a single net name Ie for ground nets connecting to a single point ?

DerekG

#74 Post by DerekG » 24 Mar 2019, 10:48

Can we PLEASE have this option:

1/ Copy a track on the bottom layer (can currently be done);
2/ Paste the new track onto the PCB space (can currently be done);
3/ Change the layer of the copied tracks to the bottom solder mask layer (can't be done).

Reason:

I regularly open up the solder mask on thick bottom tracks to increase the current carrying capabilities. Currently I have to do this via the polygon fill tool which takes a long time if their are several tracks involved.
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.

Hugo

#75 Post by Hugo » 26 Aug 2019, 04:01

Hi,

It's almost six month since last version of diptrace.

Is there any good news you could tell us on a new diptrace release for lets say the next few month?

Thanks,
Hugo

b_force

#76 Post by b_force » 28 Aug 2019, 10:23

I also find 6 month a little bit much, with basically not any words at all of any improvements or so. :cry:

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#77 Post by novarm44 » 28 Aug 2019, 11:24

I also find 6 month a little bit much, with basically not any words at all of any improvements or so.
We are preparing version 4.0
Some of already included improvements (not all):
1. Multiline text
2. Roundrect and D-shape pads
3. Free rotation angle of pads, components, text - without changing component pads/shapes like in 3.3 and before
4. Improved picture vectorizing, saving vectorized pictures (logos, etc) directly to dip file, true type texts also look better.
5. Courtyard, component outline, terminal layers + wizards to build and edit these layers
6. Layer panel similar to pcb in Pattern Editor
7. New pattern marking system (unlimited number of markings, custom font for the component, free angle rotation).
8. IPC-7351 pattern generator, all pattern libraries are now in process of redesign. All last few years component libraries are designed for IPC-7351 and not included in 3.3
9. New shape creation and editing system (arc can be placed in 3 ways with center, radius, end-points, etc), all dimensions are visible while creation/editing.
10. Snap to other object key points while creating/editing shapes.
11. Fiducial object.
12. Measure tool with snap to key points in Schematic/Component Editor too.
13. Automatic build of 3d models by IPC-7351 component type or by component outline.
14. Obround shapes instead of ellipses.
15. Automatic silk remove from pads in Pattern Editor, in PCB not done yet, but we will consider including it there also.
16. Pad shape shift (from hole/pad center).
17. Groups in component and pattern editor (like in PCB and Schematic), logical layers feature have been removed.
etc.

It still requires many tests and some features were not completed in all modules

dmaxben

#78 Post by dmaxben » 28 Aug 2019, 11:55

Is there going to be any improvements to routing functions?

It would be really nice to have a function that could route multiple circuits at once, next to each other.

Also, it would be helpful to have a “smart router” where you could draw a circuit and it would automatically contour itself around existing circuits and objects (with a preset minimum spacing).

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#79 Post by novarm44 » 28 Aug 2019, 20:56

Is there going to be any improvements to routing functions?
This function is on hold at the moment. I'm completing the features described above (majority of them are necessary for IPC-7351) and then continue interactive router, however I'm not sure I will complete it till 4.0 release.

GaLeX

#80 Post by GaLeX » 29 Aug 2019, 00:12

Hi, it's just a remark. Now the Spectrum Software (the authors of MicroCap) is closed, and MicroCap is now freeware.
The combination of it with DeepTrace may result in a straight-through CAD package... And it could be not the worst one IMHO. I'd suggest to contact the spectrum-software people and discuss this possibility with them... Looks a bit mad, but... why do not attempt?