Any News on a new Release?

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
Hugo

Any News on a new Release?

#1 Post by Hugo » 01 May 2018, 22:35

Hi,

I like Diptrace as my preferred CAE Tool. Thanks for your good work.

I want to ask whether there is anything news about the upcoming version, because it's now 6 months past since the latest build 3.2.0.1 on november 1. in 2017.

Thanks,
Hugo

b_force

Re: Any News on a new Release?

#2 Post by b_force » 03 May 2018, 02:42

Same here, also extremely curious!
Maybe a little tip of the ice berg? ;) :mrgreen:

novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

#3 Post by novarm44 » 05 May 2018, 10:03

Ok, I'm now working on interactive push and shove routing. It is not easy task though, trying different concepts.
We can publish what we have without interactive router, but we prefer to make and polish at least basic interactive features for a new release.

b_force

#4 Post by b_force » 06 May 2018, 00:36

novarm44 wrote: 05 May 2018, 10:03 Ok, I'm now working on interactive push and shove routing. It is not easy task though, trying different concepts.
We can publish what we have without interactive router, but we prefer to make and polish at least basic interactive features for a new release.
Why do EDA companies always put so much effort in the automatic router?
Most of the professional work is done manually anyway.
(except for some BGA packages)

I would rather put more effort in the interface, bugs and other possibilities.

Maybe an other idea, but isn't a rolling update concept (like most Linux distributions do) not an idea?
That way people can already enjoy new updates and don't have to wait for all the other wants.

Alex
Technical Support

#5 Post by Alex » 06 May 2018, 23:23

I would say interactive router is advanced manual router. This is not automatic router. We agree that professionals route traces manually therefore we work on interactive router. Meantime we work on other features (less complex but still important), polish existing ones, fix bugs.

BerythaBeasley

#6 Post by BerythaBeasley » 10 May 2018, 00:40

Hey..I like Diptrace as my preferred CAE Tool.elections 2018 Thanks for your good work. I want to ask whether there is anything news about the upcoming version, because it's now 6 months past since the latest build 3.2.0.1 on november 1. in 2017.
Thanks,

forrestc

#7 Post by forrestc » 16 May 2018, 06:33

b_force wrote: 06 May 2018, 00:36
novarm44 wrote: 05 May 2018, 10:03 Ok, I'm now working on interactive push and shove routing. It is not easy task though, trying different concepts.
I think you've missed the point of a push and shove router.

First of all, it's a manual routing feature, not part of the autorouter. Have you ever had to route a trace between two existing traces which are too close? How about down the middle of a set of a dozen or so traces? Without a push and shove router you get to manually move the existing traces out of the way, then route your trace. Then possibly move the existing traces back. A push and shove router actually moves the traces as needed to permit your routing.

If you want to understand more, I'd recommend you do a search on youtube for 'push and shove router' and look at some examples of how this works in competing products.

I'd have to put the desirability of this feature near the top. And I despise autorouters.

b_force

#8 Post by b_force » 17 May 2018, 07:19

forrestc wrote: 16 May 2018, 06:33
b_force wrote: 06 May 2018, 00:36
I think you've missed the point of a push and shove router.

First of all, it's a manual routing feature, not part of the autorouter. Have you ever had to route a trace between two existing traces which are too close? How about down the middle of a set of a dozen or so traces? Without a push and shove router you get to manually move the existing traces out of the way, then route your trace. Then possibly move the existing traces back. A push and shove router actually moves the traces as needed to permit your routing.

If you want to understand more, I'd recommend you do a search on youtube for 'push and shove router' and look at some examples of how this works in competing products.

I'd have to put the desirability of this feature near the top. And I despise autorouters.
It was a general remark about auto routers.

Having 30 years of experience so, thank you.
I am very aware what a push and shove router is.

FDA

#9 Post by FDA » 02 Jul 2018, 08:14

When will the new version be released?
Why are updates so rare?
There are a lot of bugs in the program, and versions are published once a year.

Alex
Technical Support

#10 Post by Alex » 03 Jul 2018, 02:10

We work on interactive routing for the next version. This is really complex task, we have some progress but I don't know when we finish it. Therefore I can't say when next version is released.
What bugs do you mean? We fix known bugs when we release new versions. If you find something new please report to bug reports topic or DipTrace support portal.