Any News on a new Release?

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
novarm44
DipTrace Lead Developer

Re: Any News on a new Release?

#21 Post by novarm44 » 08 Jul 2018, 09:54

Hi,

I will describe how it works:
We receive hundreds of requests and reports. For the new features we choose the most asked ones and now it is push and shove router, what I'm actually working on. All bugs are processed by testers and when developers have period of bug-fixes (usually before release) we ask testers to make list of the bugs/issues from all sources, critical and most asked first, fix what can be fixed and then testers check all functionality before release. In the result we receive quite stable product, but we unable to process all requests and fix issues once they are reported (many of them are new features, others conflict with overall functionality, etc.). Once I started DipTrace I did what you are asking for, fixed almost all reported issues at once and published releases every few months, but we I had less requests/reports and many complains on software instability when any fix may cause several new bugs.

We will consider release without push and shove router at the nearest time though, manual routing already has significant improvements + other features has been added. Full-blown interactive really needs much time and extensive mind work, we already have some results and we are moving forward, but do not have what we can incluse into the software as completed features.

p.s. And speed of development is not as good as it should be at the moment - this is true for. Hope to fix this soon.

Regards,
Stanislav Ruev
DipTrace Senior Developer

FDA

#22 Post by FDA » 08 Jul 2018, 10:04

Do finish the Check Rules at least and make it in a separate issue.
When developing professional PCB, this is much more important than interactive tracing.

LanceBeasley

#23 Post by LanceBeasley » 08 Aug 2018, 00:54

With push and shove routing, will it be possible, in PCB layout, to connect traces from 2 nets into 1 net by renaming? Currently, if I accidentally break traces of a net, the orphaned traces are renamed to Net XX. If I try to rename them to an existing net, I get the error "Net with name already exists! Renaming is impossible". This requires me to delete and redraw the whole segment.

ponysonata

#24 Post by ponysonata » 08 Aug 2018, 21:33

hope the project isnt dead. any news about update?
last version November 2017. 9 months any updates...

Alex
Technical Support

#25 Post by Alex » 09 Aug 2018, 01:36

Interactive router will prevent connecting two different nets into one net because it will push obstacles or shove between them.
In current version you can enable "Route -> Lock Net structure" to prevent net merging.

Alex
Technical Support

#26 Post by Alex » 10 Aug 2018, 02:04

ponysonata wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 21:33 hope the project isnt dead. any news about update?
last version November 2017. 9 months any updates...
We work on new version with interactive routing and other features. Temporary version will be released soon, stable new version will be released few months later.

ponysonata

#27 Post by ponysonata » 13 Aug 2018, 21:10

We work on new version with interactive routing and other features. Temporary version will be released soon, stable new version will be released few months later.
heh. very interesting. are you need russian tester? :)

Serg
Technical Support

#28 Post by Serg » 15 Aug 2018, 01:14

ponysonata wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 21:10
Thank you very much for offering, but now we have the full staff of testers.

FDA

#29 Post by FDA » 15 Aug 2018, 01:36

Serg wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 01:14
ponysonata wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 21:10
Thank you very much for offering, but now we have the full staff of testers.
Then why do you rarely release new versions?
You have a lot of glitches in the program, and you do not eliminate them!

ponysonata

#30 Post by ponysonata » 16 Aug 2018, 20:12

FDA wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 01:36 Then why do you rarely release new versions?
I think the problem is with programmers. Maybe:
- they are few
- they do not have experience
- they scored D

I do not think that the problem is in the quality of work of the testers :)