DipTrace 3.2 release

News from developer. Also post info about new articles, tutorials, conferences, etc.
Serg
Technical Support

Re: DipTrace 3.2 release

#21 Post by Serg » 08 Nov 2017, 03:15

djman123, 3.2 version doesn't have the fundamental differences from 3.1. The some features have added and the some existing features have improved.
Please, explain what exactly you dislike.

mbelectronicdesign

#22 Post by mbelectronicdesign » 12 Nov 2017, 01:15

Great job on the update guys :D

Does 3.2 fix the display issues of tiny icons when using 4k displays?

Right now you still got me using the 32-bit version of Diptrace to get around this issue on my Dell XPS-15 9550 laptop with 4k display.

Also, can you please point me to a description of how the changes to the following work?

4. Storing common solder mask swell and paste mask shrink with the project file.
5. Always open/soldered option in custom mask/paste settings for pads and vias

Serg
Technical Support

#23 Post by Serg » 13 Nov 2017, 01:49

mbelectronicdesign wrote: 12 Nov 2017, 01:15 Great job on the update guys :D

Does 3.2 fix the display issues of tiny icons when using 4k displays?

Right now you still got me using the 32-bit version of Diptrace to get around this issue on my Dell XPS-15 9550 laptop with 4k display.

Also, can you please point me to a description of how the changes to the following work?

4. Storing common solder mask swell and paste mask shrink with the project file.
5. Always open/soldered option in custom mask/paste settings for pads and vias
In 3.2 we have fixed the bug with "scaling of windows" that was only for DipTrace64.
But "tiny icons" still present. We plan to make the normal size icons in the next builds.
4. There are common solder mask swell and paste mask shrink, that located in main menu File - Export - Gerber.
Before 3.2. version, these settings didn't be tied with the specific PCB Layout file. Now, these settings are writing in PCB Layout file.
5. Open "Paste/Mask Settings" from context pad/via menu. Now this window is reformatted, also renamed and added the new items to do the process more understandable.

mbelectronicdesign

#24 Post by mbelectronicdesign » 13 Nov 2017, 05:11

Thanks, I installed the 64 bit version on the 4k laptop and the icons are tiny!

I'm after the basic concept of the rules for solder mask swell. I have some components in the libraries I made, especially for the tiny footprints, that I customized the solder swell because the default seems to be to take a small amount off each edge. The PCB manufacturers often asked me to make the custom swell zero. So if I use one of my custom solder mask swell components and then change the common swell at the project level what happens, does the common setting replace the custom setting or is it additive?

Serg
Technical Support

#25 Post by Serg » 14 Nov 2017, 03:34

mbelectronicdesign wrote: 13 Nov 2017, 05:11 Thanks, I installed the 64 bit version on the 4k laptop and the icons are tiny!

I'm after the basic concept of the rules for solder mask swell. I have some components in the libraries I made, especially for the tiny footprints, that I customized the solder swell because the default seems to be to take a small amount off each edge. The PCB manufacturers often asked me to make the custom swell zero. So if I use one of my custom solder mask swell components and then change the common swell at the project level what happens, does the common setting replace the custom setting or is it additive?
The custom paste/mask settings will not be changed if you will change the common settings. The custom settings are more preferred.

DerekG

#26 Post by DerekG » 25 Dec 2017, 11:13

Tomg wrote: 01 Nov 2017, 12:52 If a component or group of components is flipped, their PCB patterns will no longer be valid.
Yes, I think it would be a good idea to keep the integrity of the component layout. You can then flip the group to shift the components from (say) the top layer to the bottom layer.
I also sat between Elvis & Bigfoot on the UFO.