DipTrace Team has the question to our users

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
protezoid

Re: DipTrace Team has the question to our users

#101 Post by protezoid » 23 Nov 2018, 17:39

Everyone seems to have a basic library with personal add-ons needed for their circuits and it would be great to have a collective library. Something like a link to send user created components that the Diptrace team would supervise for quality control and add to the current library. The user would get constant library updates, that would grow fast and it would be fun to contribute. Maybe even give a reward system for contribution and reduce the amount for future Diptrace upgrades. I worked in a 3D gaming company for 6 years, every 3D artists made all kinds of 3D objects for specific games but there was never a sharing of these models between teams and projects over the years. Too much information separated over too many computers. One day i proposed to make a catalog of all objects made by all artists and classify them in a collective folder and everything changed. People were trilled to see their work added to a collective library that made their work after more easy and faster.

Diptrace should also collect the vast user created library and not let this precious information isolated.
My suggestion would be to have a more visual collective presentation of components in the software, not just click one by one over hundreds
thanks

d1wang

#102 Post by d1wang » 02 Dec 2018, 16:27

Please add a "Description" field to all components.

Libraries for chip resistors and ceramic capacitors. If possible, split to precision, general purpose, and power resistors. Could be any manufacturer. Better to have value, tolerance, and power rating defined ahead of time than to have nasty surprises later.

More Hirose and JST connectors, please.

Tantrum

#103 Post by Tantrum » 05 Dec 2018, 06:29

I noticed it has been a long time since anyone posted in this topic, but I would like more specific vacuum tube types, like: EL34, KT88, 6922 with attached pattern for the footprint.

Thanks,
Rob

mrkingkasper

#104 Post by mrkingkasper » 22 Dec 2018, 00:16

Optoelectronique
LM016L
Keypad 3x3 4x4 3x4
Sensors

Geoscash1

#105 Post by Geoscash1 » 12 Jan 2019, 20:03

New here and pretty much just a hobby DIY guy.

More sensors would be nice. Some PIR/motion sensor/passive infrared sensors added to the library. Very common part and should be in there, if it is in there I sure can't find it...

reference: RE200b is about the most common although there are many others now.
https://www.digipart.com/part/RE200B

KrisSharp

#106 Post by KrisSharp » 22 Feb 2019, 01:50

Hi i'm using DipTrace probably the most latest 5 years, i've made numerous new components and illustration, I whant to asck, on the off hazard you could embed the final segments of Toshiba and Allegro, about Step Morot segments, i have a enormous lot of that segments, on the off chance that you simply whant, I ship all, and you verify if is very well, and after which you can put accessible for all people beeds.

agareau

#107 Post by agareau » 20 Jul 2019, 04:57

The standard "Fiducial" as defined by IPC-7351, (1mm dot and 2mm soldermask).
OR is this Fiducial already in the Library somewhere ??
Andre

dipuser

#108 Post by dipuser » 29 Sep 2019, 22:35

In answer to your Question I would like to have HF power transistors from Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Philips Specially the exotics like 2sc2782, 2sc1946a and bly90, bly89, blf188 arco trimmers, folitrimmers corespoelen etc. in the standard lib.
There are lots of components but nothing for radio people like I' am
Fortunately the component editor works perfectly. I can make these components myself but some components like the 2sc1946a is very exotic it would be nice to have them in the standard lib.
You score a lot of points if you incorporate those components in your program. Cause many PCB design programs focus only on digital components boards. No one put power transistors of power fets and high frequency componets in their libs.
You really can make a difference here compare to other projects.

gschulz

#109 Post by gschulz » 27 Mar 2020, 11:43

I have no problem creating custom parts and footprints, but I'm not as handy with the 3D models. I was surprised that there are no models for trim pots. In fact, the choices for pots in general are week.

Most important to me would be trim pot 3D models, both through-hole and SMD.

PCB

#110 Post by PCB » 01 Apr 2020, 07:02

I would like to have a general component search using a wind characters without selecting company name. For Example: I need a 555 timer. I know that it's an IC (not a Discrete component) but don't know or don't need to know the name of company who makes it.
Here my steps:
1. Entered *555* or *555 or 555* or Dip-8 n filter name-Apply filter is grayed out-can't search.
2. Trying to find an IC group, like Discrete, Symbols, etc.- there is no IC group! Instead, there are Manufacturer names, but I do not know or don't need to know who makes ICs or 555 timer specifically.
3. Entered *555* under Name and Texas Instrument under Manufacturer line in filter- no result!
3.Entered *555* under name in filter. Go though all listed Manufactures. Finally, found 555 Dip-8 under Texas Instrument.
I'm new to DipTrace. Please take a look at KiCad . Please don't get me wrong. I consider your software is much better. Am I missing something?