Newbie here , How do I connect and move problem

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
missplaced

Newbie here , How do I connect and move problem

#1 Post by missplaced » 18 Jan 2019, 12:10

Two questions here .
How do i connect a trace to a component when it fails to connect but connects to the trace elsewhere , ive connected everything else but this just wont connect on the last section of the net trace , very weird , is there a node glitch !.

And how do i move the complete circuit components and traces around inside the PCB outline , somehow its moved but cant figure out how it happened.

Other than these minor learning curve probs its a a great PCB design package !!!.

Hope someone can help please.
Many thanks

Tomg
Expert

Re: Newbie here , How do I connect and move problem

#2 Post by Tomg » 21 Jan 2019, 09:12

"...this just wont connect on the last section of the net trace..."
Can you provide a screenshot showing the problem?

"...how do i move the complete circuit components and traces around inside the PCB outline..."
Anything that is highlighted can be left-dragged around with the mouse (or you can use the arrow keys, instead). If you want to move the entire layout, except for the board outline...
1) Make sure you are in the Default Mode. If you aren't, right-click once in an empty section of the Design Area.
2) Select all (Ctrl + A).
3) Deselect the board outline by holding down the [Ctrl] key while left-clicking once on its perimeter line. You should see only the board outline highlighting disappear.
4) Now move your mouse cursor over any one of the selected components except for a trace or copper pour, hold down the left mouse button and drag everything to the desired destination. Or, you can use the arrow keys, instead. Each press of an arrow key will move the selected elements a distance equal to the value of the current grid setting. The speed of each move will depend on your computer's CPU and the number of selected elements.
Tom