TITLEBLOCKS

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
ReverseEMF

Re: TITLEBLOCKS

#11 Post by ReverseEMF » 23 Jun 2019, 04:39

To add to this discussion, I both figured out how to create a Custom Title Block, only to, later find, after using my Custom Title Block on many schematics, that my Custom Title Block was GONE! POOF! VANISHED!! GRRR!!

But, all, it turns out, was not lost. I realized all I had to do was find an earlier schematic, open it, click on Files/Titles and Sheet Setup..., then look in "Sheet Template" -- miracle-of-miracles there is was, my Custom Title Block. I selected it, then changed "Apply Setting To:' to "All Sheets".

Then I went back to my new schematic, and opened Files/Titles and Sheet Setup... and SURPRISE! It was there again!!

[why did I pay for this?!?]
If left to evolution, would this PCB ever design itself, and what would the lead time be on that?

Serg
Technical Support

#12 Post by Serg » 24 Jun 2019, 01:15

Thank you for report. We couldn't reproduce the problem.
Please let we know if the problem will repeat.

ReverseEMF

#13 Post by ReverseEMF » 01 May 2021, 06:36

It happened again! I created a new schematic, saved it, then I opened the Titles and Sheet Setup dialog, and selected the Title Blocks tab, and looked in Sheet Template, and all I could find are the default entries. The one I created is GONE!
There might have been a software update, between the last schematic capture session, and this one, in case that might be the issue.

AND, the workaround, I described in my last post isn't even working. I had to reconstruct the dang thing.

So, how about this: Feature Request - make it possible to save custom Sheet Templates / Title Blocks.
If left to evolution, would this PCB ever design itself, and what would the lead time be on that?