Murata Trimmer Capacitors patterns

Post your DipTrace libraries here
OldTechie

Murata Trimmer Capacitors patterns

#1 Post by OldTechie » 11 Mar 2021, 04:06

Does anyone have or can you point me to a pattern library containing the Murata TZ03 6mm leaded (not SMD) trimmer capacitors? The 3D model would certainly be welcome as well.

Many thanks,
David Mason

KevinA

Re: Murata Trimmer Capacitors patterns

#2 Post by KevinA » 11 Mar 2021, 10:23

You can not purchase TZ03Z500E169B00 or any TZ03 series since 2014 when MuRrata EOL the products, why are you using it in a new design if you can't purchase any? Mouser still list the TZ03Z500E169B00 with a data sheet, you would have to create the part with a 3D drawing package.

Tomg
Expert

#3 Post by Tomg » 11 Mar 2021, 11:52

In the unlikely event that you happen upon a bevy of New Old Stock TZ03 (F-type and/or N-type) trim caps and you absolutely need to use them, here is a zip folder containing a tiny pattern library with both types, along with the two associated step files and a truncated datasheet...
TZ03.zip
(789.95 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
I decided to create the files just for practice and out of a misguided impulse to entertain myself. Keep in mind I cannot guarantee accurate dimensioning nor can I give you any assurance that the two included step files come anywhere close to depicting the actual parts. The patterns are very basic so compare everything against the official datasheet and make changes/additions where needed.

And, as always, use at your own risk. (Insert old "Dragnet" TV show theme music here.)
Tom

KevinA

#4 Post by KevinA » 13 Mar 2021, 07:05

" misguided impulse to entertain myself" Strange... use to be we used Television for entertainment, not so much anymore, mine is laying next to the steel knock down targets.
Last edited by KevinA on 13 Mar 2021, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

Tomg
Expert

#5 Post by Tomg » 13 Mar 2021, 08:48

KevinA wrote: "...use to be we used Television for entertainment..."
Thanks to Covid-19 I think I've seen a lot of what TV has to offer these days. To reaffirm an observation made by Newton Minow in an address to the NAB, television is still the "vast wasteland" he claimed it was back in 1961.
Tom

OldTechie

#6 Post by OldTechie » 13 Mar 2021, 14:45

Tomg wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 11:52 In the unlikely event that you happen upon a bevy of New Old Stock TZ03 (F-type and/or N-type) trim caps and you absolutely need to use them, here is a zip folder containing a tiny pattern library with both types, along with the two associated step files and a truncated datasheet...
TZ03.zip
I decided to create the files just for practice and out of a misguided impulse to entertain myself. Keep in mind I cannot guarantee accurate dimensioning nor can I give you any assurance that the two included step files come anywhere close to depicting the actual parts. The patterns are very basic so compare everything against the official datasheet and make changes/additions where needed.

And, as always, use at your own risk. (Insert old "Dragnet" TV show theme music here.)

Yes, I understand that the TZ03 model is NLA, but I have a project in development that uses that style of trimmer capacitors, of which I have a small bag on my shelf.

Thanks for creating and posting the TZ03 library. I'll give it a shot and see how it works.

Thanks to all who posted a useful response!!
David