LM741 and DIP-8 Socket?

DIY Projects and Methodologies, Hobby Circuits, Circuit Samples
Steve Mavronis

LM741 and DIP-8 Socket?

#1 Post by Steve Mavronis » 15 Aug 2011, 02:16

Hi, this is my first post here. I'm a home guitar effects hobbyist making custom vintage pedal unique PCB layouts for my own use. Nothing I do is for sale but I get asked a lot.

I'm new to DipTrace (3D beta version) and have been an ExpressPCB user for going on two years. I really like what I see so far with the DipTrace feature set and 3D preview so I'm trying to switch over. As a learning exercise I'm trying to duplicate and modify what I had made in May 2010 using ExpressPCB. I didn't use their board making service; this was home etched and built via PDF 300dpi transparency UV print.

I can't seen to find any LM741 in the PCB Layout or Schematic Capture modules? Is there one hiding there somewhere or an equivalent library component that I could modify and save as a custom one for PCB part and Schematic symbol with accuarte LTSpice attributes?

Also it would be cool for the 3D rendering if I could add an IC socket. I'm also learning Blender which is a free open source 3D graphcis software so I'd like to make custom 3D models (tantalum caps, sockets, metal can op amps, etc.) for DipTrace later on.
Last edited by Steve Mavronis on 14 Sep 2012, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.

Alex
Technical Support

Re: LM741 and DIP-8 Socket?

#2 Post by Alex » 16 Aug 2011, 02:27

There is the LM741CM component in "National" library, but it is with SOIC pattern. I suppose you need LM741 with DIP pattern. In that case you can create your own component and pattern using Component and Pattern editors.
We do not provide components with Spice models. Try to find model for LM741 on manufacturer's websites or on the web.

Steve Mavronis

Re: LM741 and DIP-8 Socket?

#3 Post by Steve Mavronis » 16 Aug 2011, 02:57

Thank you for the info. This will be a good exercise for learning to create a new pattern using DipTrace. I'm trying to get used to the library part listings and naming being new to the software. It will all make sense in time.

kesneal

LM741 and DIP 8 Socket

#4 Post by kesneal » 06 Sep 2012, 09:31

I need help building ball and socket joints. Thus I need tutorials. Can any one help me. The 3d program I use is Sketch up. I did google this but got nada on it. Please and Thank you. Thank you for reading.