Neoden 4 Pick Place file

Preparing layout for manufacturing, Requirements, Verifications. PCB manufacturing process. Feedback about manufacturers.
mtsoule

Neoden 4 Pick Place file

#1 Post by mtsoule » 13 May 2019, 09:23

I will be ordering my new Neoden in a few days, does anyone have any experience with exporting the PNP file? i am sure i will have to manipulate it some, just not sure how much yet.. but i can write a little script to do that.

Any one have any example files i could take a look at?

prabdeep

Re: Neoden 4 Pick Place file

#2 Post by prabdeep » 22 Jan 2020, 10:12

Anyone able to create a pick and place csv file that works with Neoden 4?

mtsoule

#3 Post by mtsoule » 04 Feb 2020, 05:34

i have a file that i got from NeoDen with the needed format. i have not actually tried to import it on my machine, but i will send it to you if you like.

KevinA

#4 Post by KevinA » 04 Feb 2020, 15:52

DipTrace exports what is needed except the component height. If your system has no means to determine the component height it may be a required field for your machine. I have an issue with DipTrace labeling the Width of a component Height, this forces me to manually edit every export, I've already added cheight which becomes height after edit. In OpenPNP the size, length, width is taken from the package if needed but mostly not used, the height of the part is important.
Perhaps in 4.0 they will follow the industry and name height length like everyone else, being unique isn't wanted, ask KiCAD where 0,0 is...