Single small PCB production help

Preparing layout for manufacturing, Requirements, Verifications. PCB manufacturing process. Feedback about manufacturers.
warmbells

Single small PCB production help

#1 Post by warmbells » 28 Mar 2011, 11:38

Hi all,

I live in the UK and some 30 years ago used to make my PCBs by hand with rub on transfers. Haven't made any boards for a long time and have not yet got any equipment together. I have designed a small (33.02mm by 58.42mm) board in DipTrace and I wondered if anyone could possible make the one off board for me (any expenses would be paid), or does anyone know of an inexpensive producer. I am looking into getting back into making PCBs but cant yet afford to go the lightbox route as I won't be making a great number of boards.
Audio Isolator.dip
Updated to show traces in yellow
(25.78 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
Updated to show traces in yellow.

Thanks

Gerald
Last edited by warmbells on 19 Apr 2011, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

womai

Re: Single small PCB production help

#2 Post by womai » 06 Apr 2011, 07:44

Hi Gerald,

have a look at

http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php? ... Path=19_20

If you can reduce your board size to <= 5x5cm (2x2 inches) then you can get 10 boards for $12 plus shipping. That's about the cheapest you can find.

One thing I noticed, your layout does not contain any traces (connections between the component pins). You don't plan on wiring it up after that fact, do you? That would be unnecessary work since one of the main reasons for doing a PCB is to have the wiring already as part of the board (not that PCB means "printed circuit board). I'd recommend adding this before you have the board manufactured. It does not add anything to the cost but it reduces your work.

Wolfgang

warmbells

#3 Post by warmbells » 06 Apr 2011, 10:43

Hi,

I really only want and need one board. I live in the UK, how much would it cost for postage and Package?

I don't know what you have viewed the board in but in DipTrace the traces are quite visible as a dark green.

Gerald

womai

#4 Post by womai » 06 Apr 2011, 13:43

I ordered the 10x10 boards and shipping was $5 to the US. I'd guess 5x5 boards to the UK is similar or less. At that price you come out ahead even if you use just one board and throw away the other 9. Most fab houses will charge you more (usually much more) than that just for setup, before they have made even a single board.

If you do not need plated holes, solder mask and silk screen then check out www.platinenbelichter.de - you can get a single board from them but it's likely to cost about the same as the 10 boards from the vendor above... and fab quality is much less professional.

Wolfgang

peejeev

#5 Post by peejeev » 13 Apr 2022, 00:02

There's a company next door to us that does custom board manufacture and assembly. You can just enter all your details and the components on their website and then just pay and they ship it to you. They do low or high volume, whatever you want basically, we had a few boards done by them and the quality was very good. Check them out at:
https://www.saspcb.co.uk/