Tree structure of component libraries

Post here your comments, suggestions and problems
whim

Tree structure of component libraries

#1 Post by whim » 23 Feb 2019, 07:17

I would love if we could have a multilayer tree structure of parts in the library.
Because as it is, I find choosing a component quite frustrating.
In diptrace I am too often scrolling through too many parts, wasting ridiculous amounts of time.
For example, now I'm looking for micromatch board to board connector part.
I know they are there somewhere, but instead of choosing "Connectors" category, then "board to board" subcategory and then "micromatch" subcategory, and only then scroll through the list, I have to scroll to insane amount of parts in all their possible versions to find what I'm looking for...

edit: this one (micromatch conns) was easy in the end, once I looked into "Con Board In" category with not many items inside. But for categories or companies with too lots of parts, tree structure would help a lot I believe...

Tomg
Expert

Re: Tree structure of component libraries

#2 Post by Tomg » 24 Feb 2019, 03:54

Have you tried the Search Filter tool to look for a specific part number (Name)?
Tom

whim

Re: Tree structure of component libraries

#3 Post by whim » 27 Feb 2019, 19:08

Sure, but sometimes you need a generic part which has universal footprint, but each manufacturer has it's own part number for it so you don't know what to search for.
Like when I was looking for a 6 pin MicroMatch connector, I couldn't have guessed that I should search for "90584-1306".
It also takes some time for the search filter function to go through whole library, so if you're trying more keywords it can be annoying.