where is pin headers?

Drawing Schematics, Hierarchical Design, BOM, Exporting net-lists, etc.
freewill

where is pin headers?

#1 Post by freewill » 28 Apr 2011, 10:16

Hello,

I'm evaluating DipTrace to be used in my company and come up with two question. Hope you can assist me.

1 - Where is the damn pin headers (in schematic)? ( Single Row, 2x, 3x,4x... etc)

2 - There are example schematics coming with DIPTrace. I click on the parts in these schematics (I cant locate them in available standard or user libraries), but I cant locate also the information telling the origin libaray? I would expect any part in a schematic gives information it belongs to ?.eli library.

Do I miss somethnig?

Thanks in advance!

Alex
Technical Support

Re: where is pin headers?

#2 Post by Alex » 29 Apr 2011, 00:45

1. There are some pin headers in "Connector" library.
2. There is library path in component properties (right click on a component and select "Properties" in submenu). You can see or edit it.

uschott
Expert

#3 Post by uschott » 09 May 2011, 03:03

freewill wrote:Hello,

I'm evaluating DipTrace to be used in my company and come up with two question. Hope you can assist me.

1 - Where is the damn pin headers (in schematic)? ( Single Row, 2x, 3x,4x... etc)

2 - There are example schematics coming with DIPTrace. I click on the parts in these schematics (I cant locate them in available standard or user libraries), but I cant locate also the information telling the origin libaray? I would expect any part in a schematic gives information it belongs to ?.eli library.

Do I miss somethnig?

Thanks in advance!
Hello freewill,

there is in eagle a pinhead.lbr which I use. In is very easy to use it in diptrace. I opened this library from the eagle control panel, then select File/Export/Script and saved it as pinhead.scr. Then I started Component Editor from diptrace und select File/Import/Eagle Script File on the pinhead.scr. And voila there is a new lib in Diptrace. Saved it as pinhead.eli to the lib directory. Start diptrace new and you can see the lib in the library panel and use it. The attached pattern (the footprints) are as well in the .eli File too.

When you want to use the attached pattern without the Schematic, you can repeat the procedure in the diptrace Pattern Editor and save the library to name pinhead.lib (but the footprints are also in .eli).

I named my libs als pinhead-eagle.eli and pinhead-eagle.lib to mark where they come from.

Udo

FrankSp

#4 Post by FrankSp » 11 Mar 2013, 01:18

I am wondering the same thing. Where are the headers in the schematic. There is a nice group of headers in the layout program (conn_header.lib). But how do I get these headers to appear in the schematic?

The same is true for the conn-dsub library. Surely if you use one of these dsub connectors, you want it to appear in the schematic. Do I have to create a component to match the pattern?

I have the feeling I am mission something obvious but have no idea what it is.

Alex
Technical Support

#5 Post by Alex » 12 Mar 2013, 03:19

You can create simple component in Component editor and attach pattern (header or dsub) from the pattern libraries. Then you can use the component in Schematic.

FrankSp

#6 Post by FrankSp » 15 Mar 2013, 01:35

Alex wrote:You can create simple component in Component editor and attach pattern (header or dsub) from the pattern libraries. Then you can use the component in Schematic.
Thank you! That solved the problem.