line/backround colors

"How-to" questions from new engineers and designers. Please ask and respond here.
unbecomingyou

line/backround colors

#1 Post by unbecomingyou » 15 Dec 2011, 03:58

Hi,
I use a black backround with white lines/text. When I go to print, nothing shows up. The only way I've found to get around this is to change my backround to white, and the lines to black. this is a runaround everytime I have to print something. I'm sure there is an easier way that I am just not getting. Any help is appreciated!

Alex
Technical Support

Re: line/backround colors

#2 Post by Alex » 16 Dec 2011, 03:09

Have you changed colors in print preview? It allows to setup printing colors regardless of color settings of background, wires, etc. Please open print preview, thin click on "printing colors" button and specify what color you wish for objects.

farley

#3 Post by farley » 24 Feb 2012, 05:26

In my case it appears that the line objects in the schematic module are not honoring the colors selected in print preview or they are not part of any of the groups that allow the color to be set. Notice the brackets grouping the connector pins on the schematic.

If I set the lines as white they don't show up. If I set them as a shade of gray, they show up in print preview as a shade of gray. The only way I see to get them to appear black in print preview would be to set them as black in the schematic which doesn't work very well if one works on a black background.

Is there another setting I should be looking at?
Attachments
Note the white brackets that group the connectors.
Note the white brackets that group the connectors.
schematic.jpg (149.28 KiB) Viewed 533 times
Brackets are not visible in print preview or subsequent graphic export.
Brackets are not visible in print preview or subsequent graphic export.
preview.jpg (68.04 KiB) Viewed 533 times

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 27 Feb 2012, 02:21

Line color isn't configurable for printing at the moment. I will add this for the suggestion list. But you can set gray color, it is well enough for white or black backgrounds.

farley

#5 Post by farley » 27 Feb 2012, 07:38

I appear to have jumped to an erroneous conclusion in my last post. I've since discovered that if I set the color of these lines to black in the schematic they will show up as white against my black background and also show up as black in print preview and the saved graphic image which is just what I wanted.

The lesson I've re-learned here is to actually try something first instead of making assumptions.

However, it does seem proper that lines and shapes should have configurable colors in print preview as do the other objects.