Import from Altium 10

Making your own components and patterns, organizing and using libraries.
Lotus_Ted

Import from Altium 10

#1 Post by Lotus_Ted » 29 Sep 2011, 01:25

I've successfully been able to export/import Schematics, PCBs, Component and Footprint libraries across from Altium. The problem is that the parts that end up in the component library don't have any associated footprints. I think that this is because, in Altium libraries, the component schematics point to the footprints but in Diptrace, the footprints are copied into the component library.

Is anyone aware of a method by which an Altium library can be brought across with footprints attached to components?

Ted

Alex
Technical Support

Re: Import from Altium 10

#2 Post by Alex » 30 Sep 2011, 00:37

I suppose you exported libraries from Altium in PCAD ASCII format. They probably export components and patterns to separate files. In that case, you should attach patterns for each component in DipTrace manually.

Lotus_Ted

#3 Post by Lotus_Ted » 30 Sep 2011, 01:12

Yes, Alex, that's how I exported the files. Is there a better way?

Alex
Technical Support

#4 Post by Alex » 03 Oct 2011, 01:30

AFAIK, there is no a better way.

zcx

#5 Post by zcx » 22 Sep 2014, 16:32

how do you export schematics from altium to diptrace?
thanks!
Lotus_Ted wrote:I've successfully been able to export/import Schematics, PCBs, Component and Footprint libraries across from Altium. The problem is that the parts that end up in the component library don't have any associated footprints. I think that this is because, in Altium libraries, the component schematics point to the footprints but in Diptrace, the footprints are copied into the component library.

Is anyone aware of a method by which an Altium library can be brought across with footprints attached to components?

Ted

PrinceRaja

#6 Post by PrinceRaja » 02 Dec 2014, 18:37

I've successfully been able to export/import Schematics, PCBs, Component and Footprint libraries across from Altium. The problem is that the parts that end up in the component library don't have any associated footprints. I think that this is because, in Altium libraries, the component schematics point to the footprints but in Diptrace, the footprints are copied into the component library.

how you done this job... Thanks

mbelectronicdesign

#7 Post by mbelectronicdesign » 21 Sep 2015, 09:06

Alex, given your last answer to the question of importing library information from Altium was in 2010, is there any update in terms of preferred file format etc?

Thanks

Ted
www.mbelectronicdesign.com