Post subject: Pattern Editor and 3D Library location
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2017, 15:22 

I have installed the DipTrace 3D library from the DipTrace web site. The installer wanted to put the 3D library in my DipTrace folder, but my C drive is nearing its storage capacity so I had to install the 3D library on my D drive.

The 5/29/2017 DipTrace Tutorial, page 104 (at the bottom of the page), instructs using the 3D library thusly: "When component footprint (pattern) is ready we can attach a 3D Model. Press [the 3D Model] button on the Pattern Properties panel. In the pop-up dialog box press All Models button and the list of all available 3D models will pop up, 3D models are sorted by libraries."

The Available 3D Models panel does popup, but it is empty, presumably because the 3D library is not where DipTrace expects it to be. At the bottom of the Available 3D Models panel is this note: To edit this list please change model folders in "Tools / 3D Preview / Patterns and Models Search" in PCB Layout program. Looks like that might tell DipTrace where my 3D library is located.

Here's the problem: The Pattern Editor's Tools menu does not have a 3D Preview entry.

Is there another way to tell DipTrace where my 3D library is located?

Version 3.1.0.1.

Thanks.

Steve

Post subject: Re: Pattern Editor and 3D Library location
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2017, 16:02 
Expert

Try PCB Layout Editor > Tools > 3D Preview > Patterns and Models Search... > Add...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2017, 16:35 

Got it. Thank you! :)

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2017, 22:20 

It would be nice if all the file location were on the same page, this got me last week, took awhile to remember where.