Post subject: Eagle *.src import questions
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2017, 12:03 

I found I could get the 3D, Component and Pattern from Digikey using Ultra Librarian but they produce Eagle 6.1 files in *.src format. I used Component Editor to import the diode I downloaded and found I had three components with patterns from the import. I saved everything as a *.eli component library with three components and three patterns. The only means I've found to get the patterns into a *.lib format is to use PCB editor, open the component library with the diodes, place the three patterns and save each which creates three new libraries. I then have to copy or move each pattern to what every library I want to use to combine all the patterns...

Is there another method to deal with importing Eagle *.src libraries?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Eagle *.src import questions
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2017, 15:30 
Expert

1) Open the Pattern Editor click on Library > Import > Eagle Script (*.scr)...
2) In the Open dialog window navigate to and select/highlight the Eagle *.scr file and click on the [Open] button.
3) In the Library Details dialog window enter the desired Name and Hint, choose the User Patterns library group and select OK.
4) Save (Ctrl + S) the new pattern library in your preferred custom patterns library folder.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2017, 16:05 

Tomg wrote:
1) Open the Pattern Editor click on Library > Import > Eagle Script (*.scr)...
2) In the Open dialog window navigate to and select/highlight the Eagle *.scr file and click on the [Open] button.
3) In the Library Details dialog window enter the desired Name and Hint, choose the User Patterns library group and select OK.
4) Save (Ctrl + S) the new pattern library in your preferred custom patterns library folder.

Or after import copy or move the parts into an existing library.
So this means that the parts at Digikey that have Ultra Librarian CAD files can be imported easily into DipTrace! But of course the STM32F779NIH6 has no CAD files which would be alright since DipTrace has that part but doesn't have a 216-TFBGA (13x13) pattern or 3D image.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2017, 20:09 
Expert

KevinA wrote:
"...DipTrace has that part but doesn't have a 216-TFBGA (13x13) pattern or 3D image..."
Actually, they use a pattern they have named "BGA-216V/15x15x0.8_13x13" located in the "BGA" pattern library, but there is no STEP file. Attached is a quick starter pattern and STEP file of my own if you're interested. If so, let me know if you need any changes made to them...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.