Post subject: Design Rule number truncation
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 14:00 

I did a layout that resulted in many errors but I found that internally DT is truncating 0.1528 to 0.15 then throwing a fit.

The Errors:
Design Rules I:
Design Rules II:
Router Setup:

Post subject: Re: Design Rule number truncation
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 15:26 
Expert

1) Click on Route in the Main Menu and select Net Classes... in the drop-down menu.
2) Select/highlight the appropriate Net Class name in the list on the left side of the Net Classes dialog window, click on the [Class Properties] tab, set Min. Width: to 0.1528 mm, select OK and choose Yes in the Confirm dialog window. You will find that DipTrace will automatically round up the setting to 0.153 mm due to internal resolution limitations.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2017, 23:29 

Tomg wrote:
1) Click on Route in the Main Menu and select Net Classes... in the drop-down menu.
2) Select/highlight the appropriate Net Class name in the list on the left side of the Net Classes dialog window, click on the [Class Properties] tab, set Min. Width: to 0.1528 mm, select OK and choose Yes in the Confirm dialog window. You will find that DipTrace will automatically round up the setting to 0.153 mm due to internal resolution limitations.

Nice trick: 0.1528 mm (I know not why that was in my post) instead of 0.1524 (which is 6 mil) forces round off up producing 0.153 or 6.0157 mil
But I still get errors pointing to gap .15
Attached is the project with libraries, two parts, and schematic with PCB.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 05:42 
Expert

1) Click on Verification in the Main Menu of the PCB Layout editor, choose Design Rules... in the drop-down menu, activate the [X]Enable Real-time DRC option and select OK.
2) Select all objects (Ctrl + A), right-click on one of the traces, choose Net Width in the pop-up menu and select By Class (...) in the fly-out menu. This should change all selected traces to their default Net widths (in this case, 0.153mm) and eliminate all trace width error indicators.
3) Set the grid size to 0.1mm and start moving traces with the mouse until all DRC gap error indicators disappear. This is how you eliminate all trace spacing violations.

Next time if you are not sure about the trace width setting during the routing process, press "W" after starting a trace. This will bring up the trace width dialog window which will allow you to choose the desired trace width.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2017, 23:14 

I get it now: I ran the auto-router with the old .152 setting which generated the errors and after I setup the Nets I still had the errors because I was still using the old trace width. I unrouted then routed with the new setting, da :oops: .